Answered

Adding additional speakers to a Playbase Home Theatre system

• 1 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 33 replies
I've got two separate rooms both with Playbase units connected to the TV's. Both have matching Play1's added as surrounds, and the main lounge also has the Sub added too. I have a spare Play 5 that sits in the lounge and was wondering whether I can make use of this in the lounge home theatre set-up to add even more oomph to the room? Also, is there a way of sharing the Sub on both home theatre rooms at all? I could locate the Sub in the central hallway to be equidistant to the two Playbases if that is an option. Obviously, the Sub would only be being used by one room at any one time. Any thoughts please?
icon

Best answer by Sjoop1985 1 March 2019, 16:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

1) A room can contain a single player, a stereo pair, or a 5.1 setup, but once a 5.1 setup is "full", you cannot add another speaker to that room. You could group the Play 5 with the lounge to have it play simultaneously, but you cannot make it a permanent part of that room.
2)The Sub indeed can't be bonded to two rooms at the same time, but if you put it "in the middle" and group the two Playbases together, you may be able to enjoy the added effect of the Sub in both rooms
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Sjoop, thanks for the helpful reply. You've pretty much confirmed my suspicions and understanding of the infrastructure of the Sonos system as such. I'll play around with grouping to see whether there's a value to us or not in our surroundings, but it might just be that I should accept the setup as it is and sit back and enjoy the sound 😳