Answered

Add two PLAY:1’s as supporting speakers to PLAYBAR?

• 3 June 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi, I have a PLAYBAR, SUB, and four PLAY:1’s in my TV room. I have the PLAYBAR right under the TV, the SUB and a PLAY:1 on the left of the TV, a PLAY:1 to the right of the TV, and am using two PLAY:1’s for the surrounds.

My question is how do I add the PLAY:1’s to the same room as everything else because I can’t figure out how to. Right now I have it setup so the left and right front speakers are a separate room but it gets annoying because the Tv remote doesn’t control their sound with the other room so it gets all messed up without using the app to adjust them as well.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 June 2018, 06:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

In the Sonos ecosystem as it currently exists, you can't. You have to set them up as another "room", and group the two rooms. In the Sonos software, a "room" consists of 1, 1.1, 2 (stereo pair), 2.1, 3 (PLAYBAR/PLAYBASE), 3.1, 5, and 5.1. You're trying to create 7.1 in a single room, and the software can't handle it.

There is some possibility that the announcement on 6/6/18 will change that...although probably not with the PLAYBAR/PLAYBASE, but with a new speaker we're expecting to be announced, which might have an HDMI input in it, and potentially handle 7.1