Answered

"Add Surround Speakers" not showing up as an option

• 13 March 2018
  • 3 replies

I've had Sonos for years, so I'm pretty familiar with things. Alas, I'm stuck.

I have a room "TV Room" with a Playbar and a Sub bonded and working fine.

I have two Play: 1s I wish to add as a surround pair.

The instructions of how to add surrounds to a Playbar are straightforward (on a Mac):

Select Sonos > Preferences > Room Settings.
Select "Room Settings"
From the tab labelled "Basic", select "Add Surround Speakers".

For me, there is no option to "add surround speakers" anywhere. (See screenshot) (I've also tried this via the iOS app.

Clearly I'm missing something. Suggestions?
icon

Best answer by ThoughtCriminal 13 March 2018, 15:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It is strange that your room has the +?+?. Its like you had surrounds but they are no longer present.

If you remove the sub does it still show the +?+?

To me it thinks there are some paired but it can't find them.

You may have to remove the room and add it back if it still shows +?+? after removing the sub.

The option should show on the screen you have up if it was looking to be able to add surrounds.
Thanks for your help. Your response set me on my way to fixing the problem. I ended up deleting (resetting) the PlayBar and Sub and placing in a new 'room'. Once I did that, the option to add surrounds came back. As you surmised, Sonos for some reason thought surrounds were already paired. Starting from scratch fixed everything.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Glad you got it going ... now I need to re-pair my surrounds (as I de-paired them trying to figure out what you were seeing).