Question

4K Bluray player

• 15 April 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
Can anyone recommend a 4K Bluray player, with HDR, that will pass 5.1 properly? The player would use hdmi to my LG OLED B6, which is running optical out to my Sonos Plabyar 5.1 setup. Everything else works right now (Apple TV, Xbox One). I was thinking of getting this Philips one: https://www.amazon.com/Philips-BDP7501-Ultra-Blu-Ray-Player/dp/B01FWKIGFS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492278292&sr=8-1&keywords=philips+4k+blu+ray+player

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +1
The Samsung k8500 will bitstream all audio to DD 5.1 this is what I have, but I've heard that the the oppo 203 which is regarded by enthusiast as the best UHD player has and an update and will now the same.
Badge +1
Thanks. I'm sad that the LG won't do this but also wondering if it will be made to work with an update. Do you like the Samsung? I feel like the second I buy it, suddenly 1000's of Ultra HD blurays will be released with dolby vision...