2018 Panasonic 4K LED and Sonos Beam - ARC Connection

Sonos Beam seems unable to pair with Panasonic TV - App runs through all the usual setup and everything goes well until it mentions finding the ARC connection. Asks to Enable CEC on TV menu etc. Unable to get any further. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
On Panasonic TVs, you'll want to look for a setting like VIERA Link or EZ Sync... those are two names Panasonic has used for their HDMI-CEC setting over the years. I think VIERA Link is the more recent one. If you find a setting for that in your TV's menus, turn it on and hopefully you'll be able to proceed.
Hi,

I'm having the same issue on my Panasonic ex700. The Viera Link is enabled in the menu settings, but I can't see any other options for configuring it. I've spent the last hour googling to find a solution, but I'm not having any luck. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Just to get the quick and easy item out of the way... the HDMI port that you've connected Beam to is labeled as ARC, right? Most TVs only have one HDMI port labeled for ARC, so you may need to move other devices around.
Yes, the hdmi 2 port is labelled the arc port.
Mine is the same.
Connected to HDMi2 ARC and Viera Link is enabled. Beam still unable to complete setup!
Badge
I haven't ordered the Beam yet but did you set the Speaker output to Home Theater in the Viera Link settings? Go to Apps - Viera Link and set Speaker Output to Home Theater. Normally the sound should go through the ARC connection. Maybe the Beam will now detect the sound from the TV.
Sorted! Always learning...thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I'll make sure that a Sonos employee sees this, as they may need to update their instructions to account for that additional Viera Link setting.
Hi, I've also sorted this thank you. Various combinations of turning tv on/off, un/plugging cables and trying on a different tv fixed it. I didn't actually need to change any other settings on the tv (other than ensuring viera link was on).
Can anyone tell me how they got there Panasonic (TX-L model) to work with beam? Having trouble to contact myself!
I’ve put the cable into port 2 for arc and turned Viera link on then gone to the home/apps page to there Viera link icon then all I get from there is player 1 player 2 clicked on both and TV says wait a moment and does nothing from there?!?

Any help welcome ?
Can anyone tell me how they got there Panasonic (TX-L model) to work with beam? Having trouble to contact myself!
I’ve put the cable into port 2 for arc and turned Viera link on then gone to the home/apps page to there Viera link icon then all I get from there is player 1 player 2 clicked on both and TV says wait a moment and does nothing from there?!?

Any help welcome ?

Hi did you manage to sort this as I have a TX-L model tv and I’m just about to buy a Beam? Thanks
Yeah, works fine now ? can’t remember what I did to solve the problem now..... memory like sieve me! ?‍♂️
I would guess that your solution was a cold reboot of the tv (unplug it for a few seconds). That fixed a similar issue for me on a Samsung TV.
Yeah, works fine now ? can’t remember what I did to solve the problem now..... memory like sieve me! ?‍♂️ if you could remember what you did that would be great because I can’t get any sound when I set the sky q box to Dolby digital????????
I've got the same issue on a 2010 panasonic TX-P42G15B. Manual says all HDMI ports support arc. But I've tried all. Viera link is on and set to home theatre. It worked with my previous sound bar. Telling Alexa to turn on living room tv works.
I've tried different hdmi cables (yes including the one that came with the beam).
Turned it all off at the wall.
Unpaired the surround ones.
Audio does work with the optical out to HDMI.
Tv is on the latest firmware.
What's left, besides return the beam?