Answered

Sonos couldn't complete swap Ace/Arc

Has anyone successfully switched the sound from the Arc to Sonos Ace?

I get the following error message when trying to Swap

“Sonos couldn't complete swap”

Thanks

Ross

icon

Best answer by Majo133 7 June 2024, 20:28

View original

24 replies

I have the same issue but I haven’t found any solution yet...

Me too. Tried rebooting. Reconnecting the Ace for swap. Nothing..?

I have my Arc set up with 2 Ones and a subs. does anyone if this is an issue?

Yes. Our setup includes an Arc and a sub

I’ve got the solution. I assume you are using the arc with ethernet cable like me and the Wifi is disabled. So you just have to enable the wifi on arc in the Settings in the app, and it will work.

I have the same issue Sonos Ace do not swap with the Arc. Dissappointing. 

Sounds like @Sonos is aware. Around the 7:50 mark 

I’ve got the solution. I assume you are using the arc with ethernet cable like me and the Wifi is disabled. So you just have to enable the wifi on arc in the Settings in the app, and it will work.

I am WiFi only. Still doesn’t work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Guys i found the solution.

1.) Unplug the Arc from power

2.) Turn off Ace

3.) Turn off bluetooth

4.) Close Sonos App

5.) Plug in the power to Arc, wait until it boots

6.) Open Sonos App

7.) Turn on bluetooth

8.) Turn on Ace

The swap should work now. It seems the issue comes from Arc screwing it somehow.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Noticing occasional odd behavior in sonos app after adding Ace yesterday. The Ace software updated twice since but sonos app stayed up to date.

Example - Go back and check arc-based home theater settings and Trueplay had reset to factory.

Thanks

Ross

This worked thank you!

Select + Add TV audio move to get started. I don't have this option Android . I know what the problem is I didn't have an iphoneI 🤔🤬

This resolved my issue, thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Sadly this solution doesn't fix it for me. I have no idea what to do. My arc is connected via ethernet as is the sub gen 2 and my two rear Sonos One surrounds. I successfully added my TV source but everytime I hit swap same error as others have pointed out. I don't know why that solution would work anyway. 

Edit: oddly turning on enable wifi for my arc fixed it. I don't get why this would be required since it says you can use these without wifi. And oddly there seems to be no issue whether I enable my VPN on my phone or not even in the middle of a stream. 

Userlevel 7

The Sound Swap between the Arc and Ace headphones uses the 5GHz channel generated by the Arc. Although the Ace headphones do not connect over WiFi as other Sonos products they do communicate with the Arc in that manner. In that manner they behave in a similar fashion with the Arc as do bonded surrounds and/or a sub.

Please don’t over think the process. The Ace headphones will not connect to your WiFi network.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks for the behind the scenes info, helpful to know. Running on a lot of sleep debt so apologies for the convoluted reply. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Sound Swap between the Arc and Ace headphones uses the 5GHz channel generated by the Arc. Although the Ace headphones do not connect over WiFi as other Sonos products they do communicate with the Arc in that manner. In that manner they behave like the Arc when bonded to surrounds and/or a sub.

Please don’t over think the process. The Ace headphones will not connect to your WiFi network.

Concise and accurate description. Back in the day, you could create a peer-to-peer network between two Windows machines over Wi-Fi. That is analogous to what Arc has always done to communicate with a bonded sub and/or surrounds … and now that mechanism is used for Arc-Ace handoff.

Badge

Fixed.

I tried everything in this thread, nothing worked. Removed tv audio swap. Checked for firmware update, there was a new one, it took forever but when it came back restarted app, readded tv swap, boom. Works.

Was it the new firmware or something else? Whatever!

Userlevel 7

I’d say it was the update to the Ace headphones of which I received two. The App and Firmware versions have been the same during my initial try which I didn’t expect the swap feature to work (which it didn’t). After the 2nd Ace update swap worked with great success!!! All the things you did while doing so never hurts as good trouble shooting but IMO they were coincidental to the swap feature working for you. Here again all said is just my speculation. Enjoy your Sonos Ace headphones 😊!

Thanks

Ross

This worked 100% - great suggestion as I was very frustrated my ACE swap did not work out of the box. 

No issues here, arc, sub and 2 x Sonos 1sls Quick and easy switch.

Ace software update 2.9.3-a09bbe3eb did it for me. WiFi only. On LAN. 

Userlevel 2

This resolved my issue, thanks!

Yes 

Userlevel 2

Thanks

Ross

I bought the Sonos Ace headphones for the reason I could switch between the ark sound bar however the app on my Android tablet and phone isn't showing TV audio swap I think this is a problem with the app itself because I believe you can only do TV audio swap with Apple products I hear that Sonos is working on a Android solution but for right now all I can use the headphones for is General listening and viewing on my tablet PC and cell phone