Question

Sonos ACE Issues with ARC and Interfering Noise

Hello,

i have issues using my Sonos ACE with the ARC.

Before the newest ACE Update, i saw the TV Swap feature in the Configuration Menu. Since the Update, this feature is gone and i cannot use it anymore even if i long press the Button. Nothing happends.

I already tried to factory reset my ARC and the ACE, restartet both and tried to use different inputs, but nothing helps. I use the Latest App Update and firmware updates.

Also i have intefering noise on the right earbud when i pause the music playback. 

Is anyone dealing with same problems?

18 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I Had exactly the same issue….if you are using android its not supported yet. If you are using IOS there is a setting in the sonos app called TV Audio swap. You enable it in there

Userlevel 2

I Had exactly the same issue….if you are using android its not supported yet. If you are using IOS there is a setting in the sonos app called TV Audio swap. You enable it in there

It’s not working for me. Whenever I press the physical button or that in-app swap button.. it says it can’t complete the request and asks if my products are on and connected. This is so annoying. 

Edit:

Fixed. Seems i had to update all my Sonos products first. 

Weird that i don’t receive a notification in the app that i need to update my stuff. 

Seems like a simple heads up.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Typical Sonos! Your software team SUCKSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi

I have also just received my Sonos Ace and can hear a buzzing / static noise in my right ear. Especially at low volumes when noise cancelling is on. 

I wonder if it’s a software issues? I don’t want to return my pair and when I called Sonos Support today I had to wait 55min before I gave up and hang up my phone as nobody from “technical support” answered my call. Such a bad experience. 

If anyone else is experiencing this would you please let me know? 

Userlevel 2

I don’t use my Sonos Ace with a soundbar, but I have the same issue with static noise / buzzing in the right ear. It’s very annoying. 

I also have a problem connecting to the arc with my ace 👎

everything is up2date and i use an iPhone. It’s very annoying. Hopefully is fixed soon

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Pawelwa do you reckon it’s a software problem or are we just unlucky? 

i don’t know what to do. Whether to return them and buy another pair. I don’t want it to be a faulty unit and then I’m stuck with them. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Boycot Sonos!

Same here regarding the right ear buzz. 

I’ve also replied to these threads about it:

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @TerryTMa et al

I’m sorry to hear of the issue you all are having with your new Aces! Please ensure you have the latest Sonos update and Sonos app update, and if the issue is still present, I’d encourage you to call in to our technical support team for assistance.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 2

Hello jjboyce,

I saw a few folks manages to contact Sonos and they'll get their headphones replaced, so I assume that's not something that can be fixed with software update.

I've decided to return my headphones. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey @pawelwa 

apparently you’ll be able to exchange them if you call Support. Haven’t done yet as I know there’s a long wait. I’m currently working but will do later today and write a follow up here. 

althought it seems like they know about it and will exchange for us. 

I doubt it wil work, I bought 2 ace and both not connecting with arc

Same here regarding the right ear buzz. 

I’ve also replied to these threads about it:

Managed to get through to a real person on the Chat: replacement has been authorised, but I have to return the original ones first.

I had same issue - Sonos Ace would not perform the swap. What worked for me was enabling WiFi on the Arc - it was disabled as I’m using Ethernet to connect to network, which automatically disables WiFI. Hope that helps 

Same issues as everyone else. Was really excited about having the swap capabilities with my Arc. I’ll contact support but if these features don't get fixed quickly, I’ll be returning. 

How is your arc connected? WiFi or Ethernet, check if your arc has WiFi on if its connected with ethernet

Userlevel 2

Same issue as others. My I-phone 15 will not swap with arc and ace. Spent 2 hrs plus with tech support . No resolution with issue. Said i’d get an e-mail with explanation.Ill have to try disconnecting ethernet cable to arc, see if that works. Will let you know the outcome.