Question

Help Needed: Sonos Ace Headphones and the 3.5mm to USB-C Cable Issue

• 7 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone,

I’ve been attempting to use the longer 3.5mm to USB-C cable, which is the one supplied for audio, with my Sonos Ace headphones. However, it doesn’t work for audio transmission with my DAP. The short USB-C to USB-C cable, meant for charging, is the one that successfully transmits audio. Has anyone else had this issue?

4 replies

Hello everyone,

An update on the issue I previously mentioned regarding the 3.5mm to USB-C audio cable supplied with my Sonos Ace headphones: After further experimentation, I’ve managed to get some sound out of the headphones using this connection, but the volume is extremely low. Even when I turn the volume up to the maximum on my DAP, the sound is barely audible.

It’s puzzling because the short USB-C to USB-C charging cable transmits audio without any issues and at normal volume levels. This leads me to believe that the problem might be related to the analog-to-digital conversion process within the cable or the headphones.

Has anyone experienced something similar or found a solution to this? Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have a similar issue, although the volume is also low with the USB to USB cable for me.

I’m having a similar volume issue with the USB-C to mini plug. Low volume when computer/phone/tablet is at max volume. 3 different devices same result.

Userlevel 2

the 3.5mm to usb-c works fine on my mac. usb-usb-c from ipad is fine too [volume levels are normal].   However from iphone 14 max using the apple lightning to 3.5 and the supplied cable doesnt work. So its either the phone or the converter or software ?