Question

ARC and Ace latency

• 6 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi,

i received my Ace yesterday and during my test when switching from Arc to Ace i noticed an audio/lip sync issue. Am I the only one?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @AbunaE 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! I’m sorry to hear of your lip-sync issue - it sounds annoying!

As far as I can determine, we are not aware of any lip-sync issues with Arc and Ace. 

If this happens repeatedly, please try rebooting your Arc by unplugging it from power for a few seconds.

If that did not help, please try rebooting Ace by following the instructions on our Reboot Sonos products help page:

Sonos Ace

1. Disconnect Sonos Ace from any USB-C cable connections.
  2. On the left ear cup, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button for about 3 seconds. Sonos Ace will play a power-off tone and the status light will turn off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button for about 3 seconds to turn Sonos Ace back on.

And if that does not help, please try resetting Ace, as described on our Factory reset your Sonos product help page:

Sonos Ace

1. Sonos Ace will need a powered USB-C connection during part of the reset process. Get a USB-C cable ready by connecting it to a power source, like a laptop or a wall adapter, but don’t connect it to Sonos Ace yet.
  2. Make sure your Sonos Ace is powered on.
  3. Press and hold the power button on Sonos Ace, then immediately plug the USB-C cable into the USB-C port on the left ear cup.
  4. Continue holding the power button until Sonos Ace’s status light flashes white, about 7 seconds.
  5. After the status light flashes white, unplug the USB-C cable from Sonos Ace and release the power button.

Once reset, Sonos Ace will go into pairing mode and show a flashing blue status light.

After resetting Sonos Ace, you can reconnect it to a previously-used device, but you first need to remove it from your device’s list of remembered connections. To do this, open your device’s Bluetooth or Connected Device settings, select Sonos Ace from the list, then choose Forget or Remove.

After resetting, you’ll need to Set up your Sonos Ace once more.

If none of these procedures help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who will look further into the situation for you.

I hope this helps.

Hi Corry. Thank you. Actually i did not reproduce the issue in the last 2 days, even with the same video file. I just know it can happen. I keep your procedure if it persists.