Answered

Using Google Assistant on Roam, I can play TuneIn as well as ask for Time, but can't use Apple, Spotify or YouTube

• 31 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Using a Sonos Roam speaker with Google set up, I cannot play music from music services.  If I set my default music provider to either YouTube, Spotify, or Apple Music, and then say 'okay google, play the Police' I get the following:
"Okay playing the artist The Police on YouTube Music" 
"Sorry it looks like you haven't set up your account on that media service provider yet"

But all my settings in Google Assistant look correct? Note: that I can ask for the time, I can also play music from TuneIn, something about the other services is busted?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 1 April 2022, 12:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @shuzamin 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Have you added your YouTube, Spotify and Apple Music accounts to your Sonos system? Sonos and Google Assistant must both be connected to the same music account(s) for voice control to work properly.

Instructions can be found on our Add a music service to Sonos help page, but the basics are copied below:

iOS or Android:

1. Open the Sonos app.
  2. From the Settings tab, tap Services & Voice.
  3. Under Music & Content, tap Add a Service.
  4. Tap the service you would like to add.
  5. Tap Add to Sonos.
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions to add the music service account.

Mac or PC:

1. Open the Sonos app.
  2. Under the Select a Music Source section, click on Add Music Services.
  3. Click on the service you would like to add.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to add the music service account.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Corey!

yes all accounts are set up in Sonos and in Google

for example I can play Spotify or Apple from my Sonos app fine

and I can play TuneIn stations from my Sonos Roam

i cannot seem to play Apple Music or Spotify from my Roam though 

Using voice from Sonos Roam I can play TuneIn but not Apple Music or Spotify or YouTube

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @shuzamin 

Thanks for the details. Can you please try removing Google Assistant from your Roam?

Using the Sonos app for iOS or Android:

1. From the Settings tab, tap Services.
  2. Under Voice, tap the voice service you wish to remove.
  3. Tap the Sonos product that’s using the voice service, then tap Remove.

Then, Set up the Google Assistant with a voice-enabled Sonos product, just as you did before.

If you have any WiFi Boosters/extenders, please turn them off as they are unsupported.

Once Google Assistant has been added, please test again.

If you have the same problem, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

I’m fairly sure that the voice playback control of the Apple Music service is not currently supported by Google on Sonos - AM only works for Google own devices.

A Spotify ‘subscription’ (not ‘free’ with Ads) service should work though.