Answered

Two systems, one SSID? (Google Assistant problem)

• 11 December 2020
  • 2 replies

I have two homes.  Each home has a wifi network with the same SSID (we’ll call it Gandalf for simplicity).  The idea was that anyone who had access to the SSID in house A would also have access in house B.

I have a reasonable sized Sonos system in house A (Play:Bar, sub, and about 8 Play:1 and Connect devices).  At house B, I have a Play and a Move.

I’m running into a problem getting Google Assistant set up on the Move at House B.  When i go into the Google Assistant setup process, it can not find the Move when it looks for it.  I have already stripped down the network (killed off the 5GHz access, and disabled the additional Access Points).  

Could the fact that I have two systems on the same SSID be posing a problem?  Is there something else that’s causing this issue?

Worth noting that I did have this working for about 2 weeks.  Then I had to reset a bunch of stuff with my Google account, and we’re back to square 0…

Thanks

icon

Best answer by John B 11 December 2020, 10:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hi.  I think it is a safe bet that the SSID is irrelevant to this issue.  

Please see this thread, in particular the reply from Ryan S.

Yup- that’s the exact problem.  Thanks- I’ve added my voice to that thread.  I sure hope they fix the problem...