Answered

Support for Apple music with Google Assistant

Userlevel 3

https://apple.news/AkmFsEUJJSsy4r4fqTNrDAA

Looks like Google Assistant now natively supports Apple Music. I just tried it, but it says it is not supported on the Move. Any time frame for it to be added?

icon

Best answer by Ditte 18 December 2020, 13:36

View original

141 replies

Sure wish this worked.  Seems pretty stupid that it doesn’t.  Works fine if I want to play on google speaker so why not sonos?

I think this is something Google and Apple have to agree to do - I’m sure Sonos would welcome it, so it’s worthwhile asking Google and Apple for this service too.

I just bought a Sonos Roam and learn it’s not compatible with Apple Music. I will return it to Best Buy later tonight. Pretty sorry that this issue has been known for over one year and it’s not fixed. Seems someone is not interested in fixing it for whatever reason. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

All Sonos speakers are compatible with Apple Music. You just can’t ask Google Assistant to play music from it.

I just did some troubleshooting and it’s definitely on Sonos. I recently switched from Spotify Premium to Apple Music due to Apple One subscription model being worth it for my household (due to addition of fitness+). When you use Google Assistant via Sonos and ask it to play Apple Music, I got the not supported error. But when I tried the same sentence on the Nest hub in kitchen, it works. Google/Nest has supported Apple Music for a year now. Seems like Sonos needs to make some type of assistant update to bring it to what is currently available under Google Assistant. 

This appears to have a history going back two years!

I just spent Two Grand on a new Sonos system for Music and Home Cinema, only to find that I cannot play Apple Music on my Sonos ARC with my voice, as it STILL STATES APPLE MUSIC IS NOT SUPPORTED!!!!

How hard can this be to enable please Sonos? Apple Music works perfectly on all my Google Nest Speakers. Why does it not work on Sonos please?

After two years this should be fixed!!!!!!

I also finished my google assistant setup. I managed to play one song using my beam and Apple Music. After that I get the message : Sorry, it looks like Apple Music is not supported on your room.

Strange I was able to run one song through Apple Music and after it is not supported. Can this be fixed please.

I also finished my google assistant setup. I managed to play one song using my beam and Apple Music. After that I get the message : Sorry, it looks like Apple Music is not supported on your room.

Strange I was able to run one song through Apple Music and after it is not supported. Can this be fixed please.

It appears that this issue has been ongoing for two years and Sonos still have not fixed the issue!

Even more hilarious is this thread is marked as resolved. 

Nothing resolves about something that does not work!

If you can enable Google Assistant on the Arc or any other compatible speaker, and you have ‘Apple Music’ as you preferred choice which works perfectly on Nest speakers, then it should work. No arguments.

It appears that this issue has been ongoing for two years and Sonos still have not fixed the issue!

Even more hilarious is this thread is marked as resolved. 

Nothing resolves about something that does not work!

If you can enable Google Assistant on the Arc or any other compatible speaker, and you have ‘Apple Music’ as you preferred choice which works perfectly on Nest speakers, then it should work. No arguments.

Yes agreed, now all is getting voice controlled from curtains to lamps, washing machines central heating, Apple Music should work also.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I can’t believe this isn’t resolved yet sonos. Your new play five doesn’t have voice support  fella like the dark ages

What “new play five”? The last PLAY:5 was released in November of 2015, the last Sonos Five was released in June of 2020.

Sonos please respond. Please allow Google Assistant and Apple Music to work together and give us a date for a date or status. MY Bose Soundbar does!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Where do you get the idea Sonos does not allow this?

This feature unfortunately is still missing, what are the options of bringing this very much wanted request to Sonos attention?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

To Google’s attention in case you want it on Google Assistant……

To Google’s attention in case you want it on Google Assistant……

There is already Apple Music support on Google Assistant, and I can have it play music on any speaker, except for Sonos

Just spent hours trying to make my google nest hub to play apple music in sonos speakers. The hub registered the voice command then played apple music but on its own speakers not sonos speakers. I tried connect google home/assistant with apple music and sonos multiple times, no dice.

Please support this missing feature Sonos.

OP could you mark the question unanswered?