Answered

Support for Apple music with Google Assistant

Userlevel 3

https://apple.news/AkmFsEUJJSsy4r4fqTNrDAA

Looks like Google Assistant now natively supports Apple Music. I just tried it, but it says it is not supported on the Move. Any time frame for it to be added?

icon

Best answer by Ditte 18 December 2020, 13:36

View original

141 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Looks like Google Assistant now natively supports Apple Music. I just tried it, but it says it is not supported on the Move. Any time frame for it to be added?

Can’t link my Apple Music to google home yet, gonna keep refreshing lol.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Anyone had any luck with this? I am in the UK and I understand you must link Apple Music in the Google Home app so that the voice assistant can use it, but my version of the Home app does not currently show Apple Music as an option to link to.

Anyone had any luck with this? I am in the UK and I understand you must link Apple Music in the Google Home app so that the voice assistant can use it, but my version of the Home app does not currently show Apple Music as an option to link to.

I didn’t know this was due to happen, but I’m also from the U.K. and the Apple Music service isn’t yet there to add to the Google Home, I see Spotify & Deezer, so it maybe a case of waiting to see what the next update brings.

I wish Google would add Amazon Music HD too.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I didn’t know this was due to happen, but I’m also from the U.K. and the Apple Music service isn’t yet there to add to the Google Home, I see Spotify & Deezer, so it maybe a case of waiting to see what the next update brings.

I wish Google would add Amazon Music HD too.

Google and Amazon have always been a bit uncooperative with each other although I see Alexa does offer Google Global Player as a music option; Amazon and Apple seem to have patched their differences.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I wish they would add support too. 

Google Assistant far better than Alexa

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

FYI:

“The feature is only launching in the U.S., U.K., France, Germany and Japan.”
Hopefully other locations to follow :fingers_crossed_tone5:

Userlevel 3

Google Home (Hubs & Speakers) now support Apple Music in the U.S.  My new Sonos One set with Google Assistant (not Amazon) says that it is not compatible with Apple Music requested via the Assistant.

It responds “OK, playing…..on Apple Music” and then “Sorry...Apple Music is not supported on Sonos...”

Hoping for a quick fix from Sonos - or its getting returned.

Google Home (Hubs & Speakers) now support Apple Music in the U.S.  My new Sonos One set with Google Assistant (not Amazon) says that it is not compatible with Apple Music requested via the Assistant.

It responds “OK, playing…..on Apple Music” and then “Sorry...Apple Music is not supported on Sonos...”

Perhaps a Sonos update is still needed for this new/recent feature to work (I’m not too sure🤔?), but as a quick check, have you installed Apple Music in the Google Home App and set it as your default music service and have you also installed Apple Music service in the Sonos App? - I would also confirm your online Sonos profile is set to a Country that supports this new service and ensure that the Language set in the Google Assistant App corresponds to the same Country setting.

Userlevel 3

I agree that an update now needed from Sonos is most likely, especially given that Google Home itself has only begun supporting Apple Music (yesterday).  But yes, I have made and confirmed all of the settings.  Thanks for your response.  I’m gonna try to be patient.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Experiencing the same. Hopefully this gets added soon!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sometimes Sonos don't get new Google Assistant and Alexa features straight away. 

I'm having the same problem where i have set Apple Music up in Home app, but Sonos will not play Apple Music. 

It’s just a appeared for me, in the UK. Apple Music is set as default player for Google Home app and assistant and it plays on my when you talk to the assistants on both apps but only plays back on my phone. I ask SONOS, ok Google or hey Google etc. Just says ok, playing on Apple Music and then says, sorry Apple Music is not supported on living room speaker… definitely a smart speaker

I’ve tried to take Apple Music off and sign back in the SONOS controller app

Sonos had an update out about a day or two a go and wondered if that could be it but looks like it isn’t. 

Hopefully a fix soon 

Same for me, “Apple Music is not supported on xxx”, playing from Nest Hub and Nest Mini, all set to use Sonos speakers as their default speaker.

Same issue here. 
I’ve been able to link Apple Music to Google Assistant, but it refuses to play on any of the Sonos Speakers. 
i did try to unlink Sonos from Google Assistant and add it back in and I got the following error message 

I guess there still some work to be done on Sonos site 

Badge

Looks like most of us are trying to get a Google Home device (Nest Hub, etc.) to direct a Sonos speaker to play Apple Music. Has anyone had success getting a Sonos voice-enabled device (One, Beam, Arc) with Google Assistant enabled on that device to play Apple Music on that device itself?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Looks like most of us are trying to get a Google Home device (Nest Hub, etc.) to direct a Sonos speaker to play Apple Music. Has anyone had success getting a Sonos voice-enabled device (One, Beam, Arc) with Google Assistant enabled on that device to play Apple Music on that device itself?

good question, I only tried a Home mini and a home hub that I use as glorified doorbell chimes with nest hello then set Sonos as default speaker.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

just tried it directly on a Beam after swapping the built in assistant from Alexa to Google

still the same “Sorry, Apple Music is not Supported”

So Sonos will need to enable something their end

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have Sonos One's and Beam. 

I don't think the feature is available on Sonos at the moment. 

Would guess exclusive to Nest Speakers for a while. 

just tried it directly on a Beam after swapping the built in assistant from Alexa to Google

still the same “Sorry, Apple Music is not Supported”

So Sonos will need to enable something their end

I think your right.

I had to unlink Apple Music from Google Assistant in order to be able to add back again google assistant to my Sonos One

Userlevel 1

On the Sonos page about this its says: 

Apple Music is not currently supported for use with the Google Assistant on Sonos.

So until Sonos builds an update or a workaround the only to make this work is with all the other music services, except Apple. ARGHH! going to have to get a Spotify subscription. 

Userlevel 2

I am in the UK. I have a nest Audio and a few minis as well as Sonos, so tried this and it works well. Amusingly the Apple Music stuff sounds better (different masters?) than the YouTube Music streams on the nest audio. On my Sonos I get the Apple Music not supported message. Would be great to get this working soon Sonos!

I added Apple Music as my default music service on Google Home. 
-When I ask the Nest Mini to play Apple Music on the same Nest Mini it works beautifully. I assume this is true for all Nest Audio devices, i.e. google assistant asking google product to play Apple Music works. 
-When I ask my Nest Mini to play Apple Music on my Sony TV, it works perfectly. 
-When I ask Nest Mini to play Apple Music on any of my Sonos (by changing default speaker output), it does NOT work. 
-When I ask my Google Assistant (on Sonos speakers this time) to play Apple Music on any Sonos speakers, it does NOT work (“not supported”). 

Adding Apple Music to Google Assistant is great as long as Sonos enables this to propagate through their speakers. Hopefully just a setting or quick software fix, as y’all have suggested. 

good question, I only tried a Home mini and a home hub that I use as glorified doorbell chimes with nest hello then set Sonos as default speaker.

Yea I tried on a GA-enabled Move just to play on itself. The most frustrating part is that is finds the play list or artist or album or whatever but then immediately comes back and says not supported. What a tease!

Great question this is very important!! Hopefully soon would be nice before Christmas.

Userlevel 5

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Apple Music is not currently available via the Google Assistant. We're always looking for ways to add new services and experiences - we'll post again as and when we have more to share.

All the best, and happy holidays,

Ditte