Sonos One Problem with Google Assistant

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 30 replies

I have brought a Sonos One in order to substitute my other smart speaker.

After I have installed successfully the device with the Google assistant I have found out that the speaker does not respond to most of the commands 

I have checked under my Google Assistant activity and I saw that most of the commands are not understand and are logged as Unknown voice command

Is this a known issue?

Is this something Sonos is workings on?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Hello @03397. Thanks for reaching out. We are aware of this issue, and are investigating this issue with Google on implementing a fix. This is only prominent on the Sonos One (Generation 2)  In the meantime, you can use Google Assistant on a Beam, Move, or a Sonos One(Generation 1). You can also change your voice assistant to Alexa as that is unaffected. We will update the main thread when we have a resolution. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks Richard for letting me know.

I do not have A Sonos One Gen 1, move or beam. Also, Indo not want to  use Alexa  since all my integrations are all on Google.

Do you have an estimation about the resolution of this issue since this affects a lot of people.

Thanks

Hi again. We hope to have this resolved in a timely matter. However we cannot provide a specified time frame at this time. 

I’ve just bought a Sonos One and have the same issue - recognises hey google, but nothing else. Is this an issue that will be fixed? This function is why I purchased. 

Hello @03397. Thanks for reaching out. We are aware of this issue, and are investigating this issue with Google on implementing a fix. This is only prominent on the Sonos One (Generation 2)  In the meantime, you can use Google Assistant on a Beam, Move, or a Sonos One(Generation 1). You can also change your voice assistant to Alexa as that is unaffected. We will update the main thread when we have a resolution. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Hi,  has there been an update on this? I'm having the same problem on my newly added Sonos One (Gen2)

Is there any update on this??? I bought a Play One just to use with my Google assistant and I see this. It's promised by the product so I expect that a solution can be faster then 4-5 months ?? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Welcome to the world of SONOS 

we waited years for integration with GA and we ended up with a half baked setup riddled with bugs.

you just have to read this forum to see the list of current issues

My experience with Google Assistant and sonos one is quite frustrating as well. I can control everything in my home connected to Google home, except for the sonos components. In other words, I can cast nflx and other videos to chrome cast, turn lights on and off using sonos one and GA, but not start any audio (spotify, tuneIn) on the sonos products itself. Why is that?

I have exactly the same issue on all my Sonos Products. Commands work but nothing related to music commands works. I had a chat with SONOS chat. The answer i’ve got was: it’s a Google related issue. and Google says it’s a SONOS related issue. So what to do now? 

Badge

Sonos beam doesn't work with Google assistant all of a sudden??

All is setup correctly,please help me

Best Morten 

Found this thread after searching for info on poor voice assistant performance.

Just added a Play One, and GV as well as Alexa are pretty much useless on the device. Both kind of react to the wake word although when set to Alexa the mic LED keeps switching off and has to be manually turned on. When they do wake, they can’t hear or understand commands.

My wife was at the point of insisting it either goes back, or I re-instate the Echo Dot in the kitchen; so the native Echo is back and working flawlessly while the One is staying just for music.

Probably should have just bought the SL as VA on the One appears to be practically useless.

I’m now also having this problem - bought three  Sonos Ones and an Arc with the intention of using Google Home to control various bits.

I am experiencing the same issues set out above - almost everything I say results in the speaker listening but then not providing a response. A check of my log shows multiple ‘unknown voice command’ instances.

Sonos, is there actually a plan to address this? I’m now wishing I’d checked here before buying - it’s deeply frustrating to have spent hundreds of pounds on products which clearly don’t work in the way you claim they do. 

Grateful for a response, please. 

Is this issue still being investigated. An unresponsive device in probably the most used room is a bit of a pain in the butt tbh. Is hate to have to replace it as I love the sound quality of the speaker bit I need the assistant to work so a Google device is seeming more and more attractive the longer this takes to be resolved.

My Sonos One gen 2 works for things like time, weather and other internet connection things but every time I want to play a radio station or spotify I have to unlink sonos then relink it in the GA app. What a piece of Sh#t. Only reason I purchase a Sonos was because it is SUPPOSED to work with either GA or Alexa.