Answered

Sonos One and Google Home playing together?

• 11 December 2018
  • 6 replies

I´m about to get a Sonos One and have a question regarding Google Home as I understand is upcoming for Sonos.
When Google Home is integrated with Sonos, will it be possible to set up a group of speakers containing both Sonos and Google home speakers?
I have a couple of Google Home speakers and it would be awesome to be able to play through them all, including Sonos One simultaneously.

Hope for the best

Best regards
Toomas Kardfall
icon

Best answer by Paulw123 11 December 2018, 10:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Hope for the best, but plan for the worst ;)
Sonos are not saying anything about what to expect, or what road map of introduction they plan for google assistant.
You could buy a sonos device and use IFTTT to use GA from your google home speakers to play a playlist from sonos today, start, stop , change volume, that's about all.
I have 2 sonos ones for over a year... love them... that said... we have been waiting the same amount of time for integration with Google home... first was spring...then summer... like the seasons... then end of year... for holiday season.... now.... they say they need to get it right and that takes time... so some time in 2019....

I listened to the Google home max.... I am really close to selling my 2 sonos to buy 1 max.... I guess I have lost faith that Sonos will jump on board... and franlkly, the max hold it's water in term of quality of sound.... and a common eco-system has it's advantages...

The ideal to me would be integration.... sometimes...you just want to use the app and not talk to google.... but after a multitude of set backs, I fear Sonos is going down the Microsoft mobile path... loads of promise... but in the end...they fall off the map...
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have 2 sonos ones for over a year... love them... that said... we have been waiting the same amount of time for integration with Google home... first was spring...then summer... like the seasons... then end of year... for holiday season.... now.... they say they need to get it right and that takes time... so some time in 2019.
In fairness to Sonos, they never stated a deadline other than 'by the end of 2018', prior to slipping this into 2019. Other statements were just hallucinated.
@pwt

NOT TRUE...I did not keep the articles, but the original target date (since I owned Sonos) was a spring/summer time frame

True, you could argue I mispoke with 3 dates missed, in that the spring/summer date was always a "sliding" date... with no real commitment, which was finally pushed to end of year 2018...once again without a hard date..

Todays commitment is even more nebullous... "sometime in 2019". Pretty broad... As I said.. very MS Mobile of them....
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
NOT TRUE...I did not keep the articles, but the original target date (since I owned Sonos) was a spring/summer time frame
Show me a statement from Sonos to this effect, and I'll believe you. Over to you.
Have to agree with pwt here. I've never seen an official statement from Sonos with anything other than "sometime in 2018", which was then changed to "we're delayed". I've seen lots of speculation from non-official sources about other and earlier dates, but not from any official source.