Question

Sonos is not playing artists radio or music automatically on Spotify

• 11 February 2020
  • 7 replies

I have some google home speakers and when i say "ok Google, play (song name)"  it plays this song and automatically plays its Radio. This is not happening at Sonos Beam. I ask a music, it only plays this music and stop. How can i enable autoplay? (autoplay is enabled at spotify)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

@nelito Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for bringing your questions to the Sonos Community. You want to make sure that you have also added the Google Assistant to the room name of your Beam using this link for setting up Google Assistant on Sonos.

The autoplay feature on the Beam is for TV audio. This means if your Beam is grouped to other Sonos products while streaming music and you turn on the TV, the Beam will switch to TV audio, and your other grouped Sonos speakers will continue playing music.

In order to ensure you have autoplay enabled you can go in the Sonos app and tap settings, then under system find the Beam product room name and in that room name you can toggle the feature under Home Theater.

I think that I explained in a wrong way.

on google home max that I have, I say: “ok google,

play Music X”. After music X ends, it plays other music solo at to that one

with Beam, it only plays Music X and stops 

Thank you for the follow up information. What we want to know now is what music service are you using with your Google Home Max? Is this music service also added to your Sonos system? Does this happen with another music service like TuneIn? If you use the Sonos app to start the music playback to the Beam does the issue continue?

Lastly, you can use this link to see what the supported music services are with Google Assistant. We will also want to see a diagnostic report from your system with the music playing. Please use this link on how to send us the report and reply with the report number and the needed information noted above.

Hi, I am using Spotify. It’s connected to Beam, yes. 
also when I play a song using Sonos app I need to click at “start radio” , so it will do what I want, play other similar songs. With voice I can’t do that

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Maybe this behaviour also depends on the music service you are using. When I ask my Sonos device "Hey Google, play Joe Bonamassa on kitchen” (my system is a mix of Sonos devices and Google Nest Mini's) it starts the playlist "This is Joe Bonamassa” on Spotify, so it will play more than one song….

That happens because you asked an artist, not a song. In google home units, if you ask a song it will play that song and automatically starts it’s radio 

Thank you for the follow up information. In order to avoid confusion, we want to confirm the syntax you are using with your voice commands to your Google Assistant. Please test voice control with the band name and then also test with the song name.  Then try by specifying the music service name at the end of your command and let us know the results. You can use this link as a guideline for giving voice commands to your Google Assistant.