Answered

Sonos and Google Assistant not connecting.

Userlevel 2
Badge
Please help. I've been waiting for this, and now when Sonos controller tries to connect to Google Assistant, no devices are found. I have unplugged everything, restarted phone, tried several things and still not connecting to Google Assistant on my 2 Sonos Ones. What do I do? I have lost an hour and a half of my life on this!

Ok and now I must have clicked some answered thing on this forum. This is not answered!! Fix this issue ASAP what a waste of time, Sonos!
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 May 2019, 04:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

53 replies

Solved! For me, the issue stems to when I switched sonos accounts from my wife to myself. Long story short: in google home, unlinked sonos, then link again using the right sonos account. 

Badge

My fix was:
1. uninstalling the standalone Google Assistant app if it's installed on your device.
2. Go to (Google) "Home" app, push the "+" sign with the word "add" below it.
3. Choose option "set up device".
4. Choose option "Have something already set up?"
5. Search for "Sonos" account, if it's already linked, unlink and log right back in. I actually had to do this twice interestingly enough.
6. You should now be able to identify your device if you had the same issue I did. While setting up your device, it gives you the options of compatible music apps. Be sure to be signed in to any that you have also linked to your Sonos account.

Hope this helps.

HOLY COW - This WORKED FOR ME!!!  I tried *EVERY* other approach.  One interesting thing is when Google identified my Sonos System it said I had 2 profiles active and asked me to select one.  They were both identicle so I don’t know what that’s about.  Thank you!!!

Please help. I've been waiting for this, and now when Sonos controller tries to connect to Google Assistant, no devices are found. I have unplugged everything, restarted phone, tried several things and still not connecting to Google Assistant on my 2 Sonos Ones. What do I do? I have lost an hour and a half of my life on this!

Ok and now I must have clicked some answered thing on this forum. This is not answered!! Fix this issue ASAP what a waste of time, Sonos!

I solved the issue by cutting the power of my whole house at once and turn it back on again. Connect