Answered

Sonos and Google Assistant not connecting.

Userlevel 2
Badge
Please help. I've been waiting for this, and now when Sonos controller tries to connect to Google Assistant, no devices are found. I have unplugged everything, restarted phone, tried several things and still not connecting to Google Assistant on my 2 Sonos Ones. What do I do? I have lost an hour and a half of my life on this!

Ok and now I must have clicked some answered thing on this forum. This is not answered!! Fix this issue ASAP what a waste of time, Sonos!
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 May 2019, 04:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

53 replies

Same issue,
"No Devices found:
Make sure your Wi-Fi is on and that your phone and Assistant devices are on the same network and try again"

Both on Android and iOS. Everything is on the same network. Seems integration is half baked

Steve
Userlevel 1
Same. I can get Google Assistant to recognize my One in the bedroom, but not my Beam in the living room. Any tips?
Userlevel 2
Badge
Yeah something isn't right. Alexa has worked for a year on my speakers. Hopefully they get this right. You would think after two years waiting on this release there would be no hitch, but nope, doesn't work.
Userlevel 2
Badge
And I don't know what I hit on this godforsaken forum but this is not answered. Let's go Sonos I'm in to you like 2.5 grand so let's get a solution for this.
Userlevel 2
Badge
This is not answered, Sonos please fix this
Userlevel 2
Badge
I hate this site for real.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Same issue here, will not connect to my 2nd surround sound system. The first surround system provisioned just fine.
@Jp2378, don't worry about the 'best answer' being selected. It doesn't mean Sonos staff or others won't look at this issue. It just helps others looking for answers to possibly see an answer without having to scroll through the entire thread..if possible.

Regarding the issue, because this is a brand new configuration, most of the regulars around here are not yet familiar with the potential issues with setup just yet. Sonos staff may also be seeing some issues that did not pop up during beta testing. I'd recommend checking back on this thread a little bit later to see if a solution or trouble shooting steps have been established.

Not trying to say your frustration isn't valid...
I did get mine going last night. I rebooted my Sonos 1 and the bridge. It came right up. Don't know which one was the issue, but it works.

Steve
Same issue. Google Assistant can't find any of my two Sonos One.
There's a system wide outage right now. You can check status here:

https://status.sonos.com/
Userlevel 2
Badge
@Jp2378, don't worry about the 'best answer' being selected. It doesn't mean Sonos staff or others won't look at this issue. It just helps others looking for answers to possibly see an answer without having to scroll through the entire thread..if possible.

Regarding the issue, because this is a brand new configuration, most of the regulars around here are not yet familiar with the potential issues with setup just yet. Sonos staff may also be seeing some issues that did not pop up during beta testing. I'd recommend checking back on this thread a little bit later to see if a solution or trouble shooting steps have been established.

Not trying to say your frustration isn't valid...

Thanks, didn't hear about this. I appreciate it!
I just bought a beam for my new TV a week ago. I would not have purchased a sonos if it wasn't going to work with voice command. I am looking to expand the system to the kitchen and bedrooms but will now wait. An open box return is looking likely if they don't figure this out.

When Google Assistant prompts me to sign in to my sonos account, it doesn't recognize or connect after signing in.

SONOS Representative please respond to this thread. Your Google Assistant rollout does not work!
Now status is if for Sonia, but still not able to deploy Google assistant to the Sonos ones I have.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

The outage should now be resolved. If you're still having some troubles with Google Assistant, please try the steps in this thread to get it working. If that doesn't help, send in a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Unable to find devices on Wifi Network (I use Sonos Mesh)

Diag # 1383649237

on Wifi Network (I use Sonos Mesh)

Diag 1190667733
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi folks,

The outage should now be resolved. If you're still having some troubles with Google Assistant, please try the steps in this thread to get it working. If that doesn't help, send in a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.

Confirmation number: 300995857
Same issue

Confirmation number: 346542207

could not connect despite the outage ending.

This has been frustrating. It makes me dislike buying the Sonos one in December because I’ve thought it be out by now.
Same here, i like to add Google Assistant to my Sonos One in the bedroom but Assistant keeps searching for devices and doesn't find it

Diagnostic info on nbr. 585950677
Same issue, Google Assistant can't find my Sonos One

Confirmation Number: 1181018132
Badge
So frustrating, this roll out was not ready, this does NOT work.

Like many others I get no devices found.
Your confirmation number is: 734399290

I unlinked sonos from google Assistant and tried again, it asks for sonos login, then tried searching for devices and finds nothing. Yet in google Assistant I see both sonos one speakers and the beam and I can even turn the tv off (connected to beam) and on via google Assistant.

i am on same WiFi and have google Assistant running on iOS. Both google Assistant and sonos are using same email address.

how do I get this thing to work? I can add Alexa in like 5 seconds but this GA is garbage implemented.
Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi folks,

Confirmation number: 300995857

It's been a week and a half and still not working. I submitted confirmation of my diagnostics, how and when do you think I will be receiving a response to this? Is this still being sorted out?
You may want to contact Sonos Support to discuss it. I tend to suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

The community forum moderators tend to be online during work hours only, like the phone folks.

Moderator note: Some users have been able to resolve this via the workaround of temporarily removing their music services from their respective Sonos systems. In addition, we also have an article containing steps to start with here before contacting our support agents.