Answered

Set One as default music speaker option not available in Google home

• 25 March 2023
  • 5 replies

I want my Sonos One to be the default music speaker when I say a command like “play rock music” or when it’s already playing “play the next song” without having to mention which speaker. I don't have the option in the home app that's mentioned in other threads.

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 26 March 2023, 11:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The only time I get the question to name the speaker I want to command is when I’m standing right between my living room speaker and my kitchen speaker, so both speakers hear my command.

The only time I get the question to name the speaker I want to command is when I’m standing right between my living room speaker and my kitchen speaker, so both speakers hear my command.

Only 1 speaker hears my command. There's also a beam in the same room, but assistant isn’t enabled on it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What would happen if you did enable GA on the Beam? Just for “trial and error”?

What would happen if you did enable GA on the Beam? Just for “trial and error”?

Hmm, for some reason that seems to solve the problem. I still don't see the settings for a default speaker in the home app (for both speakers) but when I say a command, the speaker that I talk to plays it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I think preferred speaker is only when using a Nest Mini with Sonos - like I have with my son’s Symfonisk. Not when only using Sonos.