Resolved

(Resolved) Partial Outage - Google Assistant

• 20 August 2019
  • 33 replies
(Resolved) Partial Outage - Google Assistant
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Google Assistant is experiencing temporary issues today, the 20th of August '19. You may find that you are unable to initiate music playback. Upon trying, you will receive the following voice notification: ”I can’t do that here, but you can ask me to play it on one of your other devices”. You can view the status of any ongoing outages via our Status page.

We are currently investigating the issue and we will have it fixed as soon as possible.

We will update this thread once the outage is resolved. Many thanks for your patience and understanding!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

If only I was smart enough to check this. Just re installed the whole house 😃. Any progress? Thx for the update and hard work!
has there been any update?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

We're receiving word that the outage should be over. Please test things out again. If you're still having troubles, run through our troubleshooting guide, then give us a call if any issues persist.
Yup same here, noticed this yesterday!

i have to say this whole GA and Spotify integration has been so unreliable I’m actually thinking about switch to YouTube music.

Or is this the conspiracy google push you to their own service?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello, all. Many thanks for your patience in this matter. As Jeff confirmed last night (it was night time for me, anyway), the outage has now been resolved and service should have resumed as normal. If you do find that you are still having issues, do not hesitate to let us know. Many thanks.
It works fine again where I am here in Denmark at least - thanks. @Feng I do not share your experience. I have the whole house covered in Google Home minis and SONOS Ones and it hardly ever fails on my when I use GA to fetch music from Spotify. Sometimes 'she' thinks about my requests for up to 5 secs, but rarely fails to fetch the right track or playlist. Have you set up the GA Voice Match? - It did alot for me.
August 20 8 am Still not working in Ontario Canada .. getting message ”I can’t do that here, but you can ask me to play it on one of your other devices”... Seems to be very unreliable system, has been acting funny for over a month now
August 20 8 am Still not working in Ontario Canada .. getting message ”I can’t do that here, but you can ask me to play it on one of your other devices”... Seems to be very unreliable system, has been acting funny for over a month now

Restarting your router followed by all Sonos components may help.
I'm in Australia and still seem to be having this issue. I have a SONOS One and Google Play Music. I can play music via the SONOS app and Google Assistant is working for the weather etc, so everything seems correct. However, I cannot use Google Assistant to request music. I get a variety of responses such as "Sorry, I can't help with that", "Sorry I don't know how to help with that yet, but am always learning", "Sorry, I'm not sure how to help". I assume the problem is as described above but is not yet fully resolved.
I'm in Australia and still seem to be having this issue. I have a SONOS One and Google Play Music. I can play music via the SONOS app and Google Assistant is working for the weather etc, so everything seems correct. However, I cannot use Google Assistant to request music. I get a variety of responses such as "Sorry, I can't help with that", "Sorry I don't know how to help with that yet, but am always learning", "Sorry, I'm not sure how to help". I assume the problem is as described above but is not yet fully resolved.

Restarting your router followed by the ONE didn't help? Remove Google Assistant from the room settings in the Sonos app and go through the authorization process again.
Hi Smilja,
I tried all of that. Reset router, SONOS, disconnected the SONOS One from the system and reconnected. Removed the connection to Google Assistant and reconnected/reauthorised, removed the connection to Google Play Music and reconnected.
Hi Smilja,
I tried all of that. Reset router, SONOS, disconnected the SONOS One from the system and reconnected. Removed the connection to Google Assistant and reconnected/reauthorised, removed the connection to Google Play Music and reconnected.

Submit a diagnostic then and reply here with the confirmation number so a technician can take a look.
Done. Report number is 865873882. Thanks.
I still get the answer "I can't do that here, but you can ask me to play this on one of your other devices" so apparently this problem doesn't resolve itself.
Everything has since been reset, restarted and installed, nothing helps.
Someone an idea / suggestion?
Userlevel 1

Same here. Very, very annoying. Any ideas?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi folks, the Google Assistant outage should be fully resolved. So if you are still having trouble, it's probably best to give us a call on the support lines and troubleshoot live with a technician. That way if there's a new outage developing we can get the needed details to investigate, or we can find what's happening on your system to help fix it. If the support lines are closed in your location, you can always message our team live 24/7 over Facebook or Twitter. Our contact details can be found here.
This is not resolved for me. The only change in the last 12 hours is google assistant is saying it “apologies” for nor being able to play music rather than saying “sorry”.
Google Assistant is experiencing temporary issues today, the 20th of August '19. You may find that you are unable to initiate music playback. Upon trying, you will receive the following voice notification: ”I can’t do that here, but you can ask me to play it on one of your other devices”. You can view the status of any ongoing outages via our Status page.
We are currently investigating the issue and we will have it fixed as soon as possible.

We will update this thread once the outage is resolved. Many thanks for your patience and understanding!Google Assistant is experiencing temporary issues today, the 20th of August '19. You may find that you are unable to initiate music playback. Upon trying, you will receive the following voice notification: ”I can’t do that here, but you can ask me to play it on one of your other devices”. You can view the status of any ongoing outages via our Status page.

We will update this thread once the outage is resolved. Many thanks for your patience and understanding!

Hi folks, the Google Assistant outage should be fully resolved. So if you are still having trouble, it's probably best to give us a call on the support lines and troubleshoot live with a technician. That way if there's a new outage developing we can get the needed details to investigate, or we can find what's happening on your system to help fix it. If the support lines are closed in your location, you can always message our team live 24/7 over Facebook or Twitter. Our contact details can be found here.
There os nothing resolved here. We (many comments, threads etc) have been unable to play Spotify through google assistant since it’s release. When will this issue be fixed - will it be fixed ever?
Since the board staff tends not to answer posts on weekends, may I suggest that you contact Sonos Support to discuss it, and find a resolution to the issue you're experiencing?

Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi, still experiencing this despite following all tips in this thread. been happening for approx. two weeks now. wondering if anyone else is still experiencing this?
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi, still experiencing this despite following all tips in this thread. been happening for approx. two weeks now. wondering if anyone else is still experiencing this?
Yes, Netherlands here, same issue, so it is definitely NOT resolved. I have had it working some weeks ago, but all of a sudden it stopped working, don't know when anymore.

What I do know is that my other Google Home devices work flawlessly, so it's Sonos messing up here. Can't understand why they say something is resolved when it certainly IS NOT!!

I have for like 2000 euros in Sonos equipment at home, I expect a better service than what is being delivered here!

Hi, still experiencing this despite following all tips in this thread. been happening for approx. two weeks now. wondering if anyone else is still experiencing this?Yes, Netherlands here, same issue, so it is definitely NOT resolved. I have had it working some weeks ago, but all of a sudden it stopped working, don't know when anymore.

What I do know is that my other Google Home devices work flawlessly, so it's Sonos messing up here. Can't understand why they say something is resolved when it certainly IS NOT!!

I have for like 2000 euros in Sonos equipment at home, I expect a better service than what is being delivered here!

Perhaps the Google/Sonos sharing agreement token has been dropped?

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the Sonos Device/Skill in the GA/GH App (make sure all speakers disappear from the rooms before reinstalling) and then also re-install the Google assistant back to the required Sonos Rooms in the Sonos App? ... it’s worth trying to see if that will fix the issue.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Yes, tried all that, even completely removing device from Sonos app, reinstalling GA and GH, nothing resolves this issue. It's really ONLY playing music through voice control. I can easily play Spotify using either the Spotify or Sonos app, that works. Also other voice commands (asking for weather etc) works... But THE service I want to use it for does not...
Yes, tried all that, even completely removing device from Sonos app, reinstalling GA and GH, nothing resolves this issue. It's really ONLY playing music through voice control. I can easily play Spotify using either the Spotify or Sonos app, that works. Also other voice commands (asking for weather etc) works... But THE service I want to use it for does not...
Have you spoken to your local Sonos Customer Care Team to confirm it is an issue in your country. I can only say it’s working fine here in the U.K. but it may pay to call/email the local customer care folk to have them confirm the issue, or maybe someone else from the Netherlands here in the community can say if it’s working (or not) for them.

Hope you get it sorted soon.