Answered

problems with connecting to google assistant

• 11 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Every time I try to connect to coonect my Google and Sonos account i got the message that i have to connect my speakers to my sonos account.

When checking my sonos app they are connected and i have the newest update on the app, what can I do? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 14 April 2021, 13:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you set up your Sonos speakers in the Google Assistant app? 
https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3467?language=en_US

Thank you for the answer

I tried to do it from there to but it sends me back to the page where i have to login to my son's account and then i comes up that i need du register my speaker 

I have the same issue. Had everything connected earlier, but removed the connection between Sonos and Google Assistant, to try to set it up again because it did not work very well.

Now I can´t connect them again because of same message as above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Grosen & @Dansko82 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I highly recommend you turn off your WiFi router and Sonos speakers. Once the router has been off for at least 30 seconds, switch it back on and wait for an internet connection via WiFi before turning your speakers back on. Wait for solid white lights on your Sonos speakers before opening the Sonos app to try again.

It may even help to reboot your smartphone/tablet, or to try from another device.

If these steps don’t help you, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Hi @Grosen & @Dansko82 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I highly recommend you turn off your WiFi router and Sonos speakers. Once the router has been off for at least 30 seconds, switch it back on and wait for an internet connection via WiFi before turning your speakers back on. Wait for solid white lights on your Sonos speakers before opening the Sonos app to try again.

It may even help to reboot your smartphone/tablet, or to try from another device.

If these steps don’t help you, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

I Managed to get the connection working again already. Not really sure how, but I removed my wifi extender and turned on Wifi on my router instead, with same SID name and password.

But I still have the problems I had before I removed the connection. Very often, the google assistant answers something like, “The Sonos speaker kitchen cannot be reached”, even though it is the same Sonos One speaker as the commands are triggered on, and music is streaming already. So the speaker is absolutely online.

Not sure what to do about this. I believe the Google Mini assistants does not get this problem when we try to play something on sonos speakers. Only Sonos to Sonos...

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Dansko82 

I Managed to get the connection working again already. Not really sure how, but I removed my wifi extender and turned on Wifi on my router instead, with same SID name and password.

But I still have the problems I had before I removed the connection. Very often, the google assistant answers something like, “The Sonos speaker kitchen cannot be reached”, even though it is the same Sonos One speaker as the commands are triggered on, and music is streaming already. So the speaker is absolutely online.

Not sure what to do about this. I believe the Google Mini assistants does not get this problem when we try to play something on sonos speakers. Only Sonos to Sonos...

We don’t support the use of extenders as they often block multicast packets and always halve your available bandwidth.

Please get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network..