Pandora plus does not work when started from Google assistant

• 29 May 2019
  • 6 replies

I have a Pandora plus paid account which allows listening without commercials. That account is appropriately linked to Google home (I can see it in my Linked Media, and have tried unlinking and linking again, which registers fine). Sonos speakers are linked in Google home.

However when I play a Pandora station and start it with Google home mini or other home assistant device and send it to Sonos (which I specify "ok Google play x station on Pandora on X sonos", and Google responds saying it is playing on Pandora on X sonos), it plays one or two songs and goes straight to a commercial, like it is a free Pandora account. This is not an artist discovery thingy, but a true commercial (which I never hear listening to hours of Pandora on my tablet/phone). Is anyone else having this issue, or have a fix? Pandora plus works great if I play it straight on my Sonos; works fine if I play straight on Google home, or from Google home to a Chromecast audio device into my sonos; only doesn't work if sending straight from Google assistant directly to Sonos.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Double check to make sure the Pandora account in Google and the account on Sonos are the same.
Double check to make sure the Pandora account in Google and the account on Sonos are the same.
Thanks for the reply. They are indeed the same account - we only have one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I'd love to take a closer look. Could you play music from Pandora on Sonos using your Sonos app, let a few songs play out, and then stop what's playing, and start it up again using Google Assistant the same way? Try using the same station both times if possible. Then go ahead and submit a diagnostic under Settings > Advanced Settings and let us know the confirmation number.
I'd love to take a closer look. Could you play music from Pandora on Sonos using your Sonos app, let a few songs play out, and then stop what's playing, and start it up again using Google Assistant the same way? Try using the same station both times if possible. Then go ahead and submit a diagnostic under Settings > Advanced Settings and let us know the confirmation number.
Diagnostic 683329647

Interestingly this time it seemed to work just fine. Did you guys update something?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

I'd love to take a closer look. Could you play music from Pandora on Sonos using your Sonos app, let a few songs play out, and then stop what's playing, and start it up again using Google Assistant the same way? Try using the same station both times if possible. Then go ahead and submit a diagnostic under Settings > Advanced Settings and let us know the confirmation number.Diagnostic 683329647

Interestingly this time it seemed to work just fine. Did you guys update something?

Glad that's working. It looks fine on the diagnostic too. Go ahead and test it out for a bit, and if you notice something let us know. There haven't been any changes that I know of today, but minor cloud updates sometimes go out quietly without everyone knowing.
Problem is not fixed. Just got an advertisement again. Here is diagnostic from immediately after commercial.