My Sonos Beam Has started randomly saying "Sorry I don't understand" even when muted

• 6 January 2021
  • 3 replies

I have google voice set up on my Sonos Beam and it has started saying “Sorry I don’t I understand” randomly even when muted. I have no idea why this is happening, The fact that it’s happening even with the thing is muted is the really weird part. Also it happens mostly at night which is a problem since its in my bedroom!

Any advice on how I might fix this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @OverHaze.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

To better understand, I need to ask a few more details, and the more information we can gather will help us in identifying what causes the voice assistant to activate or why it is happening.

• Is the TV on when it is happening?
  • What audio source is in use when it happens?
  • Have you tried to relocate the device and see if the issue occurs?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Hi there @OverHaze.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

To better understand, I need to ask a few more details, and the more information we can gather will help us in identifying what causes the voice assistant to activate or why it is happening.

• Is the TV on when it is happening?
  • What audio source is in use when it happens?
  • Have you tried to relocate the device and see if the issue occurs?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Sorry for the delay answering.

• My TV is not on.
  • There is no audio playing through it so none?
  • I can’t relocate the device.
Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @OverHaze.

Thanks for your response.

We usually suggest to try and relocate the Sonos product to another location for sometimes, the specific acoustics of a room/location can cause issues with the mic on a unit. Moving the unit to another location can help verify this. Ultimately the wake word and activation are controlled by the Voice Assistant and if issues still occur, you will need to reach out to the Voice Assistant's support team so they can log the report.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.