Answered

I can't reach the internet right now check your modem and router connections and try again

• 22 September 2021
  • 29 replies

Userlevel 2

What the title says. when i say ok google this is the response. I can't reach the internet right now check your modem and router connections and try again. I have had no issues with my system or google assistant for maybe a year. All of the speakers will play music through the app but none work with google.

I have a my system connected wireless to a central netgear nighthawk 6700 on a 2.4ghz band both running on channel 1. no repeaters, no switches no mesh. I have 5 speakers with google assitant and none of them will connect.

so far i have:

updated the router and sonos app

rebooted the router, modem and speakers

changed my wireless channel to 1 on the router and sonos app

updated the router to allow guests to see each other and access my local network

updated my network in the sonos app

removed google assistant from a sonos One and tried re adding it. Google assistant then could not even find the device to add it. It did try to add to a different device that should have already had it, the assistant then froze. then just get an alert in the sonos app that says there was a problem adding google assistant.

icon

Best answer by James L. 23 September 2021, 14:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Having the same issue with all Sonos devices for the entire day today.  I do see that the Alexa service is listed as down on Sonos status page, so possibly the Google service is equally broken and they just haven’t updated the status page.  This is an extremely long resolution time.

Userlevel 2

Having the same issue with all Sonos devices for the entire day today.  I do see that the Alexa service is listed as down on Sonos status page, so possibly the Google service is equally broken and they just haven’t updated the status page.  This is an extremely long resolution time.

Well that might explain why google assistant stopped working in my car at roughly the same time.

Badge

Same thing happening for me. Started when I updated to newer version of the app today. Google assistant seems to be working fine on other google devices so not sure what has it no working on either my Arc or One

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Ditto.  GA works fine on Google devices, but “I can’t reach the Internet right now...” across the board on all Sonos devices (where GA is installed).   What a pain in the a$$.  This is exactly why I keep a single Google Home mini in the kitchen.   Started happening after I upgraded yesterday.  

Well I’m glad others are having issues too!  I don’t think this is iOS related as I’ve been running the iOS beta for quite sometime.  I did however upgrade to the release version yesterday.  Coincidence that google assistant stopped working today...perhaps.

Prior to today everything was a-ok.  I can configure Sonos fine w/ Alexa today, it’s only google assistant giving problems now.

Userlevel 1

Wow, I should have checked here first! I was having the same exact problem and decided to change over to Alexa which also did not work. 

I am having the same problem. I was going crazy trying to figure it out.  Glad it isn’t just me.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Minor update to my comments above.  GA works fine on my Sonos Beam.  But does “I can’t reach the internet right now” on all my Sonos Ones.

This just started working everywhere again! 

I can confirm google assistant is working again.  I just finished successfully configuring it.  My hypothesis from yesterday is either google and or sonos was having issues with their API.  Alas, we’ll probably never know.  

Have a great day folks.

Badge +17

Hey folks, 

Just to close the loop here. There were some issues with some of our cloud services yesterday which caused some service interruptions with voice services and some 3rd party integrations.

Please be aware that the issues haven’t been completely resolved yet as, at the time of writing, the outage is still ongoing, though you should be able to use Alexa and Google Assistant today.

Please keep an eye on our status page for up-to-date information as any updates to the situation will be posted there.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks for the update James.  Though during the Google Assistant issues yesterday every time I checked the Sonos Status page, it always showed Google Voice Assistant as green/operational.  And all the messaging I saw about problems was about Amazon Alexa.  Would have been nice to see Google Assistant issues accurately reported so that the community wasn't left banging their heads and looking for “personal” problems.

Thanks for the update James.  Though during the Google Assistant issues yesterday every time I checked the Sonos Status page, it always showed Google Voice Assistant as green/operational.  And all the messaging I saw about problems was about Amazon Alexa.  Would have been nice to see Google Assistant issues accurately reported so that the community wasn't left banging their heads and looking for “personal” problems.

Exactly! Thank you, Glenns. Had Sonos’ service status page actually displayed the correct status of “service is down” for google assistant we could have avoided this entire thread. 🙂

Hey folks, 

Just to close the loop here. There were some issues with some of our cloud services yesterday which caused some service interruptions with voice services and some 3rd party integrations.

Please be aware that the issues haven’t been completely resolved yet as, at the time of writing, the outage is still ongoing, though you should be able to use Alexa and Google Assistant today.

Please keep an eye on our status page for up-to-date information as any updates to the situation will be posted there.

but it says “Google Voice Assistant” is operational, which is not at the moment.

Badge +17

Hey folks, 

but it says “Google Voice Assistant” is operational, which is not at the moment.

The outage mentioned here is resolved, so any issues you’re experiencing with Google Assistant today are not related. I suggest getting in touch with our customer care team who can look into this with you.

Hey folks, 

The outage mentioned here is resolved, so any issues you’re experiencing with Google Assistant today are not related. I suggest getting in touch with our customer care team who can look into this with you.

ok, I wil try. In sonos app, "service & Voice". it says "Network Problem Detected", check your internet connection and try again. I am not be able to see the google assistant.

Badge

Hey folks, 

Yes. Here in Eindhoven Sonos can't reach Google. I reset the modem, and reinstalled the network for Sonos. Still the same issue.(The internet and my WIFI are working. Indeed the status window says Google assistant is operational.

Regards, Robert

Getting the same issue as above but only started today. This doesn't look to be resolved as stated. Obviously tried all the same troubleshooting steps as above too.

Following.

Hey folks, 

Yes. Here in Eindhoven Sonos can't reach Google. I reset the modem, and reinstalled the network for Sonos. Still the same issue.(The internet and my WIFI are working. Indeed the status window says Google assistant is operational.

Regards, Robert

Did you have the same issue? 

1. In sonos app, "service & Voice". it says "Network Problem Detected", check your internet connection and try again. I am not be able to see the google assistant.
2. I cannot check update for the Sonos product too.
3.I cannot browse Spotify playlist via Sonos APP.

Getting the same issue as above but only started today. This doesn't look to be resolved as stated. Obviously tried all the same troubleshooting steps as above too.

Following.

Did you have same issue?

1. In sonos app, "service & Voice". it says "Network Problem Detected", check your internet connection and try again. I am not be able to see the google assistant.
2. I cannot check update for the Sonos product too.
3.I cannot browse Spotify playlist via Sonos APP.

Also getting the same issue, started this evening. Followed all troubleshooting steps.

Plus one here. Google assistant failed and I disabled it. Now I can't add any assistant.

It said it was offline. My other GA devices are all online. 

While trying to add it again... Following error reported...

Error: sonos {"error":"server_error","error_description":""}

Sonos service page says everything is online. 

I can't add either Google assistant or Alexa to my setup anymore.

Running Arc, Sub3, 2x one gen2. 

I am also having issues with Google assistant accessing the Internet on my sonas arc which started today

Same issue in U.K.  Was pulling my hair out.  Removed GA on all my boxes and now can’t add it back.

OK, it says:

Sonos Cloud Services

Monitoring

We are aware of an issue with Sonos Cloud services that can affect operation of updates, system registration and Voice Services.

Posted 2 minutes ago. Sep 25, 2021 - 22:53UTC