Answered

Google Routines?

• 30 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello,

Are Google Home routines supported using the Google Assistant on Sonos products? I was hoping to replace all of my Google Speakers with Sonos but when I say “Hey Google turn off the lights” (which is a custom Google Home routine it works though the Google devices but not Sonos devices.

Thank you,

Greg

icon

Best answer by shotgungreg 1 February 2023, 16:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @shotgungreg 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Yes - you can initiate Google Home routines with Google Assistant running on a Sonos speaker. Please note, however, that routines cannot trigger music playback on Sonos.

I hope this helps.

I figured out the issue. The Sonos Google Assistance was linked though my work G-Suite account. I deleted my work account off my Android phone and redid the assistant setup. On Android, Sonos doesn't allow one to select which Google account to use.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @shotgungreg 

Apologies - for some reason, I previously read your question as a pre-sales enquiry, not as a report of a problem.

Thank you for updating the thread with your findings, and I’m glad to hear you’ve resolved the issue.