Question

Google Home Hub - Spotify / Sonos integration

• 22 September 2019
  • 11 replies

Badge
Hi

Can I use a Google Home Hub (the device with the screen) to control Spotify and Sonos?

I would like to place the Google Hub in my Kitchen and link it to my Kitchen Sonos system. I would then like to say “Hey Google, play the Arctic Monkeys” and have the Google Hub display album artwork etc but have the Sonos speakers play the audio (and not the Google Hub).

Is this possible? I have searched all over and can’t find an answer and might have to resort to buying one and trying it and then returning it if this is not possible!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Yes if you’re in a country that supports the 'Google on Sonos' service, but the album art of the playing track does not (currently) display on what google now call their nest hub display.

Just install Spotify premium (not free) service in your Google Home Account and set it as the default music service.
Install the same Spotify music service in the Sonos App.
Install the Sonos skill/device in the Google Home

Set your Google Nest Display Hub's default music speaker, as your Kitchen speaker, within the Google Home App.

And it should then work as required, but (sadly) the Album Art is not displayed on nest hub screen at the moment.

Badge
Thanks for your quick reply.

So does the Hub display what is playing (artist and track etc) and just not the artwork or does it not display anything to do with the music?
Display from my Kitchen Nest device, playing on the default Breakfast Bar Sonos Speakers taken a few moments ago...(see attached).

I hope the display will be improved too at some point in any future development.

Hope that assists.
Badge
Thanks very much! That is helpful

I went through the above steps and added Google to my Sonos and when I go to my home hub to set the default speaker, my Sonos speakers are not listed. What did I do wrong?

I went through the above steps and added Google to my Sonos and when I go to my home hub to set the default speaker, my Sonos speakers are not listed. What did I do wrong?

I have the same problem. 

the Sonos speakers are not shown as an option for default speakers. Nor are they available to create a speaker group. 

I have the same issue with the Lenovo smart clock. 

I have the same problem. 

the Sonos speakers are not shown as an option for default speakers. Nor are they available to create a speaker group. 

I have the same issue with the Lenovo smart clock. 

I also have this issue. Anyone found a solution already?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I think adding Sonos speakers as preferred speakers only works on speakers that have mics. For instance I cannot add my son’s Ikea bookshelf and my Connect to Assistant, but can add my One’s and my Beam.

Have you tried telling google to “Play XX on (name of Sonos”?

I do have the speakers with built-in mic's. 1 Beam and 2 Sonos One's 

However, I am not able to see them in the available devices

Just installed GH+Spotify Premium and sync with Sonos Play 1 was a hazzle. Added Sonos in GH but would not play. Tried a few times and even redid the whole installation but no.…

Then read a tip online and asked GH to “Sync devices” (I’m running Swedish on my system and tried the translation “synkronisera enheter”). This amazingly worked perfect! Works fine now.

I also think that the general tip regarding same registration email for GH, Spotify and Sonos is important. I also made sure to name speakers on GH and Sonos differently. On installation speakers seems to be named by their location which might cause conflicts. So look into this and rename if necessary. Good luck!

Badge

Has anyone found out how to do this yet? I only seem to be able to set a Bluetooth speaker as the default speaker on the Google Nest Hub and not any Sonos speakers?