Question

Google Assistant Spotify Album

• 6 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

Is it possible to specify a Spotify album be played via the Google Assistant, rather than a song of the same name?

If I say “Hey Google, play the <album name> album” it will play a song matching the album name, rather than the album.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Stuart_29, thanks for reaching out and letting us know about this issue. Here are the commands that should work for playing an Album on Spotify to Sonos with Google Assistant. If, for example, the name of the song is the same as the Album name, you may try to tell the command by the name of the song and the artist's name.

Action                                                      Example                                                                                                               Result

Play album

Hey Google, play the album <album name> by <artist> from Spotify

Hey Google, Play the album <album>

"Sure, playing <album name> on Spotify." Music plays - context is random.

If you have other questions with your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Badge

Your reassurance prompted me to retry with a different example and “Hey Google, play the <album name> album” worked.

So maybe there is problem the album “Gaslighter” by “The Chicks”, as “Ultraviolence” by “Lana Del Rey” works fine.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Stuart_29, thanks for the update. It is possible that there could be an issue with the specific Album as other albums work fine. You can try other albums if it will be working fine or if the issue persists.

If there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let me know.

The Sonos community is always here to help.