Google Assistant service wont show up in Sonos App

I feel like I've tried every fix that's recommended, but no luck. When trying to add Google assistant to my Sonos App, the process seems to work perfectly, but after the process is complete, it does not work and it doesn't show up under Voice Services in my Sonos App. Even after it says it was successful.

Additionally, the Sonos Playbase does show up in the Google Home app, just not in the Sonos App.

Bottom line, Google Assistant doesn't work. Everytime it says it's successful, but never shows up under Voice services (in Sonos App) when I click "Done" from my Android phone. How do I fix this?

Ps. I've tried changing room names, removing music services, starting from scratch, etc.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Any update on this yet?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi, sorry for the delay.

Do you have any voice enable Sonos speakers such as the Beam or Sonos One? Also, submit a diagnostic report and respond back with confirmation number so I can take a closer look at the issue.

Thanks Sebastien. I got this number: 1778286804

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Thanks for posting the number. In your attempt to add Google Assistant, do you get the error "There may be a problem" during setup of Google Assistant on Sonos?

I just bought the Sonos One SL and have this happening. No google assistant and no Spotify services show up on the list. From their respective apps first link attempt fails and then Sonos doesn’t show up at all. 

I sincerely hope you guys understand that without these services your product is meaningless, reduced to a dumb overpriced speaker.

Will be sending it back in a week if you don’t sort this out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
  1. I’d call Sonos because you set up does not seem to have gone well.
  2. You know the Sonos One SL does not have a microphone, so needs a Home mini tow work wirh Googel Assistant?
Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi folks,

As the Sonos One SL does not have a microphone built in to the unit it will not be possible use it as a voice-enabled speaker. If you have Google smart home devices such as the Home mini, you must go to the Google Assistant app > Devices + Add to link your Sonos One SL to activate voice services and control your Sonos One SL via voice command using your Google devices. Let me know if it works.

I have 2 Play 1’s.  When I go through the Sonos App (android) to add Google Assistant it brings up a page that states Add Google Assistant.  When you click on that link you get to a page not found page on Sonos.  Any ideas?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Duck You POS.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

I suggest try it first on another device if possible just to isolate.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Today it worked.  Don’t know why?  System is very finicky.

I have 2 Play 1’s.  When I go through the Sonos App (android) to add Google Assistant it brings up a page that states Add Google Assistant.  When you click on that link you get to a page not found page on Sonos.  Any ideas?

That is exactly what was happening to me.  Tried a dozen times yesterday and today. Poof it worked.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Duck You POS.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

This is more likely to have to do with Google since Google is just passing the command to Sonos product.

I suggest contacting Google support to report this kind of issue.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi @Duck You POS.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

This is more likely to have to do with Google since Google is just passing the command to Sonos product.

I suggest contacting Google support to report this kind of issue.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

IT WAS A LINK SUPPLIED BY SONOS TO THE GOOGLE ASSISTANT.  WHEN I COPIES THE LINK TO MY DESKTOP I GOT THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE. READ MY POST BEFORE YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND IT!