Question

Google Assistant not always responding and timer not stopping

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

It's gettting worse, look:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/LP715SCUSfXLXbx99

It’s not something that I’ve been able to reproduce, as my GA assistant on Sonos, has been working okay here in the U.K. unless it’s a local/regional issue perhaps where you are? Although the Sonos status page is currently showing that all is well.

Just wondered what the result was of your conversation with Sonos Support? Did they discover anything from your diagnostic?

I’m also wondering if you may have perhaps tried a different DNS Server to see if that may resolve the problem, or if you have a firewall or checked for interference that may be blocking/interfering with your connection to the speaker.
Userlevel 1
Badge
sonos support not replied for 3 days now, but cant see how dns would fix anything when my gen 1 works but gen 2 doesnt in same house...
sonos support not replied for 3 days now, but cant see how dns would fix anything when my gen 1 works but gen 2 doesnt in same house...
The Sonos staff are not always about to respond to everything on these pages, as this is mostly a community platform for 'users' to discuss matters with other 'users' (mostly).

You are perhaps best to contact them directly, via their official customer care links here.
Userlevel 1
Badge
sorry, I meant I have an ongoing support case direct with support engineers on this - but they have gone radio silent for 3 days....
sorry, I meant I have an ongoing support case direct with support engineers on this - but they have gone radio silent for 3 days....
Ah right, I hope you get it sorted soon.

You can probably speak to the Staff via Twitter or Facebook to get an update, those support links are 24/7.
For me to get my sonos to work with google again I had to pause the Voice & Audio Activity within googles activity controls, I know seem to get a response
Badge
For me to get my sonos to work with google again I had to pause the Voice & Audio Activity within googles activity controls, I know seem to get a response

yeah someone figured it out, when you disable the activity controls it works again! didn't check when you turn it back on..