Answered

Google assistant endless loop

Userlevel 2
I was excited to see integration with Google assistant, however when I try to add sonos, the following happens:
1) I go to voice services and add Google Assistant
2) this takes me to the Google screen where it authenticates me using the same email address that's on my sonos account
3) this then redirects me to the sonos authentication
4) after authenticating on sonos, it says I need to register my speakers to my account, so I click Go to Sonos App, and the process starts all over again.

This doesn't make sense. My speakers are registered to my account. When I go to the sonos website, and sign in with the same email address, I can see all of my speakers. Elsewhere in this process it says if I go to More > Settings > Account Settings and I don't see "Account" I need to update my sonos system. I do not see "Account" - I see my email address as the linked account and then I see Transfer account. Where is "Account"? I've also confirmed my app and speakers are all up to date.
icon

Best answer by Smilja 15 May 2019, 16:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

36 replies

I am having the exact same problem. I've tried clearing the Sonos app cache, deleting all app data and starting over, problem persists. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, problem persists. Any help from Sonos official support would be appreciated!
Same issue here.
Same problem here as well.
Same issue here too. I saw people were having the same problem with Alexa a while back, and they fixed it by making sure their address was up to date on their sonos profile. I tried that and still no luck.
Guys, in which country do you reside? GA is available only in US till July.
United States
Same problem here too
Userlevel 2
@pcdangio yeah I saw that and also updated my address. No luck.
Following. Same thing for me too. Ugh.
Ditto! Was working fine when I first registered everything yesterday. Today it wouldn't play so I unregistered Google Assistant and started registration all over. Getting the same error mentioned:

You need to link speakers to your *********@gmail.com Sonos account before you can add this skill.
Moderator Note: This outage should now be resolved. If you continue to have any issues, please open up a new thread.

There's currently an outage affecting Alexa and Spotify Connect. GA might be afflicted as well.

https://status.sonos.com/
Same problem here.
Badge +2
Came here to post about this! Misery loves company.
Badge
Same problem here...Following
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
My system is back online and working again.
I'm still having the same issue that OP described.
Having the same issue as we speak.
Userlevel 2
When I got home tonight, the signup process worked just fine. It must have been due to the outage they were experiencing earlier.
According to the Sonos status page, the outage still exists and it is still a no go for me.
Same here: After an app force stop (not sure if related), I'm again able to register.
Finally worked for me this morning!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, we're working on this issue and have some improvement measures in place. It's not entirely resolved just yet, but the error rates are significantly down, so it may be working for most people. As Smilja posted, you can follow the status on our website.

There's currently an outage affecting Alexa and Spotify Connect. GA might be afflicted as well.

Moderator Note: This outage should now be resolved. If you continue to have any issues, please open up a new thread.

I am currently having this issue, have tried all the available trouble shooting options. Is there an un-reported service outage? If not, is there a potential fix?

using iOS 13, updated all the apps.
signed out and unlinked all services from sonos
No conflicting devices
cleared history/cache from browsers and rebooted everything

I'm following the steps to set up and I just get into an endless loop. After sonos opens GA, then GA takes me to the sonos login, I select select "ok" to allow access, then I get brought back to the attached image in GA and the Sonos app give the an error as shown.

Any insights?

I am currently having this issue, have tried all the available trouble shooting options. Is there an un-reported service outage? If not, is there a potential fix?

using iOS 13, updated all the apps.
signed out and unlinked all services from sonos
No conflicting devices
cleared history/cache from browsers and rebooted everything

I'm following the steps to set up and I just get into an endless loop. After sonos opens GA, then GA takes me to the sonos login, I select select "ok" to allow access, then I get brought back to the attached image in GA and the Sonos app give the an error as shown.

Any insights?

Same problem for me.
Userlevel 3
Badge
I am having the exact same issue. If there is an outage, it would be great to get some sort of proactive message stating that so we know what the problem is.