Answered

Google Assistant Commands/Problem w/ Spotify

Userlevel 1

Hey guys,

I’ve noticed kind of a weird problem that happens with my Sonos speakers and using google voice commands to play music via Spotify. I was curious whether anyone else noticed the same problems.

Normally, when asking Google assistant to play music (again through Spotify,) everything works as expected. However, I’ve noticed that, if I use the Sonos app to select/play something w/ my phone, and then later try using a google voice command to play music, Google assistant will acknowledge that the song will be played, but nothing happens. If I repeat myself and ask a second time, it will play properly, but I’ve notice that every time I try doing a voice command to play music after having used the sonos app to play music earlier, I always have to say the command twice before it’ll play properly. 

Does this happen to anyone else using Spotify w/ Google assistant?

Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 29 September 2020, 01:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Userlevel 1

@jlwachter83 Hi!

Did you manage to solve this problem? I have the exact same issue and it’s driving me completely mad lol!

Thanks in advance for the response!

Yeah, I Sold my Sonos one and bought a Google nest audio. I got completely tired of the neutered version of Google assistant that Sonos seems to be pushing, lol.

Hey, all.  I was having this problem but with a combo of Pandora, Alexa, my Echo Show and my Sonos app & speakers.  I was also having a problem with songs repeating.  I came to figure out that the voice-prompted app/s and devices were trying to respond and competing with each other.  I wonder if that's not what's happening here, too, as this problem seems to have been corrected when I fixed the other problem.  (See my post "Songs repeat on Pandora/Echo").  Hoping Sonos can figure out some kind of fix to recognize whichever app/device one wishes to be dominant is the only one that responds. (Complicated, of course, that in some scenarios you want one to be dominant and and in others it might be another.). Good luck!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Happens to me all of the time. Even worse, it plays a different playlist when I try the second time.