Question

Google Assistant can't find Beam

• 15 May 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
I've been trying to get Google voice services set up on my Beam (living room) and One (bedroom). For whatever reason, the Google Assistant app can find my One in the bedroom, but it can't find my Beam in the living room. When switching back to Alexa, it finds both speakers in both rooms just fine.

I read somewhere that having a Google Home in the same room as one of these Sonos speakers might affect this. I did indeed have a Google Home in the same "room" as the Beam, but I have since changed that.

Any idea what's going on? I tried on both my 5GHz and 2.4GHz networks and still no luck.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I have the same problem. Google assistant on my two Ones was no problem. Can't get it to work on my Beam. Googl Home does not find the Beam. Alexa does find the beam.
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
That is so odd and both of you are having the same problem.
I have a Beam but my One's are setup as surround speakers so GA doesn't even look for the surround but has no problem finding the Beam.
I'm tempted to unlink Sonos and then drop the Ones as surrounds and add them to other rooms (via software, not physically) and then see if I have the same issue. I cannot do this till after work providing I still have the time. Or Peterbriers you can try adding your ones as surrounds just to test to see what happens.
Will try to ASAP.