Answered

force update of google home app.

• 22 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

Dear community,

I have updated two speaker names in the Sonos app. I want to use them as surrounds together with a Beam. However the names in the Google home app have not been automatically updated. Do you know how to push the Sonos names to google app or force an update?

Thanks, Robert

icon

Best answer by Simon B 23 December 2020, 17:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Bobinnl, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to know about your concern. Have you checked on the Google Home App if any settings would allow you to change the name on their App? If not, Kindly contact Google so that they can check on how it can be synced to the Google Home App for the Sonos speaker names.

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

Hello Simon,

Thanks for your response. It has solved itself.

I changed the updateable field for the Sonos speaker name in Google home, but the field "Name from Sonos” remained the old speaker name. This has now been updated automatically, but is seemed to take between 24 and 36 hours, which seems strange. I would like a "”refresh”names" facility in Google home to maintain alignment. That's the problem with integrated apps, how does it all work "behind the scenes”.

Compiment to Sonos: Voice on both the Beam and Sonos One works extremely well

If you have a tip as to how to contact Google, let me know as that seems to be mystery :-)

Thanks again, it's nice to know the community is there for you.

Robert

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Bobinnl, thanks for the update. Sorry about what’s happening. About the contact details for Google, I can only route you to their support website which is support.google.com for more information on how you can get in touch with Google. There should be a setting on their Google Home App to have it synced with the Sonos App for the Speaker name.

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.