Deliberate fraudulent marketing by Sonos.

• 24 February 2023
  • 3 replies

It is UNACCEPTABLE that you are marketing Sonos Roam speakers with GOOGLE VOICE ASSISTANT and ALEXA when you do not support it in Poland. The Roam should not be sold in this market as you are misleading customers with your translated user guide, indicating it can work. Only to figure out, by digging deeper on the website that it does not.

Can I ask you Sonos, why you are selling the Roam in Poland, when you are fully aware that the only product that should be on sale is the Roam SL?

As for the laziness of not adding voice support with English is beyond me. Next of, except for the fraudulent behavior against your own customers, this practice is exceptionally fraudulent against your competitors. They are not advertising their products with features they do not deliver.

As a company you have lost all integrity as it is quite clear you do this deliberately. Fortunately I am in a position to advice quite many people on consumer products, needless to say, your brand will forever stay in the black book category, even though my home market is not Poland. I luckily know this will hurt your bottom line.

Lastly, I have also filed a complaint with Office of Competition and Consumer Protection in Poland regarding your breach of Directive 2005/29/EC of European Law. We will see where this leads. I thank you for providing all the evidence on your own websites and forum in regards to this breach.

For future Polish customers who “discover” after purchase that their product is not working as advertised. Here is the link to the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection: 
https://commission.europa.eu/system/files/2019-01/national-consumer-organisations_pl_listing.pdf

Best Regards.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Opius11, welcome to the community and thank you for your feedback.

As we state on the product page for the Sonos Roam on Sonos.com: “Availability of voice services varies by country and language.” You can also view voice assistant availability on their respective pages: Amazon Alexa availability on Sonos and Google Assistant availability on Sonos.

If you purchased your device in a physical shop, then this information should have been provided to you prior to your purchase.

If you’re looking for a way to control your system hand-free, then try out Sonos Voice Control which is available in English and French, our voice assistant designed for Sonos systems which is available on all voice-enable Sonos speakers. I do understand if you would prefer Alexa or Google Assistant however, so I’d also be happy to list this as feedback regarding the availability of these voice assistants on Sonos in Poland.

Userlevel 2
Badge

On the listing of the new Era speakers you list support for Alexa with a picture suggesting that users can communicate with it in Polish

It stopped working in the USA also! I'm about to make a YouTube video of me using it for target practice!! And go back to BOSE! The prices charged for Sonos is definitely not on par with the support or performance of the products!