Cant get Sonos One to play Spotify Using Google Assistant

Just bought a Sonos one. I have Spotify Premium as my Default Provider in Google Home, it works on the 3 other google minis I have. But Sonos one keeps saying I am sorry I cant help with that, or I dont know how to do that.

If I change my default music service to Google Play Music it works perfectly ( still got a couple of days remaining on current subscription).

I have unlinked and relinked spotify on google home and the sonos app but nothing seems to work, anyone had a similar issue?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Rebooted and no dice. Pretty laughable that this still isn't fixed in over a week. It's a music speaker that no longer plays music.
For sure. For a premium product you’d expect premium software support.

Maybe try updating your sonos app (new update for iOS came out overnight in Australia), make sure your sonos app and google assistant are signed into the same Spotify account and then reauthorize your Spotify account from within the sonos app.
I received and email from Sonos explaining they are still working on a fix.

I did not receive the Sonos app update overnight.1

Do you have yours working @soundslave?

I do 🤔

I do 🤔

Haha. Now I don’t. A couple of artists seem to take voice commands but nothing else does.
Badge
It appears to have randomly started working for me tonight with no other changes other than updating the app when I was at work today. Playing most artists on command, others require "on Spotify" on the end. I assume as the artist name isn't immediately recognised as music.
I’m experiencing this problem right now which I haven’t experienced in my months of owning my Sonos One speakers. Every time I ask google assistant (through Sonos) to “play music”, it says “I can’t do that here, but you can ask me to play music in one of your other devices”. But when I do the exact same thing through my google home speaker, it works. Is this a Sonos issue, or is this a google issue, or Spotify issue? Or all three?

I haven’t changed my Spotify account recently. I already unlinked and relinked my Spotify account to my Sonos and google home account. I’ve already unlinked and relinked my Sonos to my google home account.

If Spotify doesn’t work on my Sonos speakers through google assistant, I’m definitely losing a shit ton of functionality and would most likely sell my Sonos speakers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Posting for visibility:

We have confirmed that there is currently a partial outage with Google Assistant.

If you follow the announcement I just posted over here, I will write another response in there once we are all back up and running. Thanks for your patience.