Answered

Can't find google assistant in sonos app

• 29 March 2023
  • 9 replies

I have just setup my two new Sonos One 2. gen. When I try to connect/setup to a voice assistant, I can only choose Sonos Voice Control (see picture). I already have the google assistant app and google home app. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 29 March 2023, 22:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Maybe check your country/locale setting in your Sonos online profile. Check your account HERE and ensure you have Denmark set as your Country.

Thank you so much! It was set to Poland 🙈

I have the same exact issue. My device is a Era 300. I have two older play:1. I have made sure to set my country to Denmark (I’m from Denmark). I still only see the Sonos Voice Control and no Google assistant

I have the same exact issue. My device is an Era 300. I have two older play:1. I have made sure to set my country to Denmark (I’m from Denmark). I still only see the Sonos Voice Control and no Google assistant

The Google Assistant is unavailable on either the Era 100 or 300 speakers. It’s not clear if that might change in the future, but that is what was mentioned at their launch. It’s also mentioned in this Support document below, and in the FAQ for each of those products at sonos.com

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/set-up-the-google-assistant-with-a-voice-enabled-sonos-product

Seriously?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes, though the Era’s can probably be controlled with a Nest Mini……

Yes, as @106rallye rightly mentions, the Era’s can still be voice-controlled by a different device in the Google Home which has the Google Assistant installed, including some other compatible Sonos speakers (a Sonos One for example) aswell as Google Nest devices, it’s just a case that the Google assistant can’t be installed on the Era’s at the moment.

The Eras do both support Amazon Alexa and Sonos’ own voice assistant (SVC) and both of those can be installed on the Eras alongside each other and they each work well together or individually. 

Anyhow I hope that info. assists. I’ve personally switched to using Alexa and SVC on my Eras here, but still have a Google Nest Hub and so can use that too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Ken_Griffiths I do not think SVC and Alexa do Danish. This is a problem for many people in Europe. SVC only does English and (I believe) Spanish and French, Alex does those too, and German. Some get double service, others none at all.

@Ken_Griffiths I do not think SVC and Alexa do Danish. This is a problem for many people in Europe. SVC only does English and (I believe) Spanish and French, Alex does those too, and German. Some get double service, others none at all.

Ah yes, you’re right @106rallye - I guess these other assistants may not help then in some cases - thanks for highlighting that here.👍