Can’t add second Voice Match profile

• 21 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I recently bought a Sonos Roam and a Sonos Move. Both speakers are great and I use them with Google Assistant.

I have a home set up in the Google Home app with all my family members.

I’ve added my Voice Match profile to both speakers, but every single time a family member of the same household in the Google Home app tries adding their profile, I get this error message, even though they’re in the same home (and not any other homes).

So currently I cannot add multiple Voice Match profiles to either my Roam or my Move which is extremely annoying, especially since this feature is really supposed to work.

I’ve seen another thread where the user had a similar problem with his Roam, but he was still able to add additional Voice Match profiles, and didn’t get that same error message.

The solution to that problem in that particular thread doesn’t work for me.

I’ve removed and added my family members back to my home, I’ve relinked my Sonos account, to no avail. 
Is there any solution to this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I don’t use multiple family profiles, personally speaking for this feature, but presumably you have agreed to the setup/terms/activation of voice match service during the install of your Sonos devices?… see attached screenshots (just as examples)…

I’m not sure how this agreement may work with your other family members added to your Home, but I assume they need to agree the terms too in some way, so perhaps check their Assistant App/Settings on their device too?

It might perhaps even be easier to speak with Google Support.

I found this screen in the App/Voice Match setup which mentions that others invited, have to upgrade their voice match too (whatever that is referring to?) but presumably it means they have to add the Sonos device to their own voice match service too.. (that’s my guess, at least)?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I found this screen in the App/Voice Match setup which mentions that others invited, have to upgrade their voice match too (whatever that is referring to?) but presumably it means they have to add the Sonos device to their own voice match service too.. (that’s my guess, at least)?

Thanks for your quick reply and your effort!

Yes, each family member needs to add their own Voice Match profile to the speakers and this needs to be done either by using the Google Home or the Google Assistant app.

The screenshot I attached to my post is what shows up on a family member’s phone after agreeing to the terms and conditions of Voice Match. They don’t get beyond that second screenshot you attached to your first reply to my post unfortunately and their voice profile never gets added to the speaker.

Sorry I couldn’t assist further. It might be a case of seeing what Google Support say about the issue. It seems like it might be something on their side, perhaps🤔? Or maybe others here will chime in. Hope you get it sorted.👍

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

As a last resort, I tried deleting my entire home and setting up a new one. This required me to add all my Google Nest speakers and other services such as Sonos and Philips Hue back to the app, adjust default speaker preferences and add back all family members.

Failing to add additional Voice Match profiles only affected my voice-enabled Sonos speakers and none of my other Google Nest devices.

Adding additional Voice Match profiles to my Sonos speakers seems to be working again now.

But having to delete your entire home and set everything up from scratch shouldn’t really be necessary in order to get things working again.

As a last resort, I tried deleting my entire home and setting up a new one. This required me to add all my Google Nest speakers and other services such as Sonos and Philips Hue back to the app, adjust default speaker preferences and add back all family members.

Failing to add additional Voice Match profiles only affected my voice-enabled Sonos speakers and none of my other Google Nest devices.

Adding additional Voice Match profiles to my Sonos speakers seems to be working again now.

But having to delete your entire home and set everything up from scratch shouldn’t really be necessary in order to get things working again.

I agree, but it sounds like there was something not quite right with your original Google Home in this instance, rather than it be anything that Sonos have done, especially if you do now have everything working as expected🤔?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I agree, but it sounds like there was something not quite right with your original Google Home in this instance, rather than it be anything that Sonos have done, especially if you do now have everything working as expected🤔?

Yes, you’re right about that! It’s still curious that I only ended up having that problem with my Sonos speakers and not with any of my Google Nest devices though as I was able to add multiple Voice Match profiles to them just fine!