Answered

Can't add Google Assistant to Sonos One Gen2: "Connection problem" error

• 6 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Hello,

My Sonos One suddenly stopped responding to voice commands out of nowhere today. The microphone light on top won’t turn on. I did a factory reset and when I try adding a voice assistant through the Sonos app on Android, I immediately get a “Connection problem” error when I tap either Google Assistant or Alexa. It doesn’t even try to connect or search for anything, it just instantly throws this error. What’s the deal? It happens from my wife’s iPhone as well. I’ve unlinked Sonos from my Google Home app and still nothing.

I submitted a diagnostic report, 620881377

icon

Best answer by FireTrucksAtNight 8 December 2020, 22:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @FireTrucksAtNight, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to know about this issue on your Sonos system and thanks for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking, this connection problem issue might be because it shows that you’re connected to a 5ghz Ubiquiti network. Can you check if you’ll be able to connect to the 2.4ghz network on your Wi-Fi and check if it will work? It’s possible that your Sonos system was configured or set up on the other Wi-Fi network.

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi @FireTrucksAtNight, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to know about this issue on your Sonos system and thanks for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking, this connection problem issue might be because it shows that you’re connected to a 5ghz Ubiquiti network. Can you check if you’ll be able to connect to the 2.4ghz network on your Wi-Fi and check if it will work? It’s possible that your Sonos system was configured or set up on the other Wi-Fi network.

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi, I don’t know what caused it to suddenly work but I was able to add the assistant the next day

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @FireTrucksAtNight, thanks for the update. I’m glad that it already worked. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

I have the same problem with my beam. In the step when open app of google assistant, appear: Not find anything device.

I submitted a diagnostic report, 927419865

thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @tlaraj, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking, We can’t detect any issues on your Sonos system. Kindly check your browser and the settings if the account that is logged in is the same Google account, if it shows a different one on the browser, sign out and sign back in with the right account. Kindly check as well the account that is logged in on the Google Assistant to Google Home app on your device if it’s the same or not. 

Badge

I finally had success after several months and numerous failed attempts!

First, install Alexa (worked first time), then switch to Google Assistant.

Now I just wish it would support Chromecast. FFS, the Android experience with Sonos awful.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @PancakeLegend, thanks for reaching out and for sharing your experience. Hope it works for other Sonos community users. Thanks. If there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let me know.