Answered

Can't add Google Assistant

• 24 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I’m trying to setup Google Assistant on my account but always ends up with this message after being redirected to login to my Sonos account/setup:

and my system is fully updated - any advise to get through this?

Br. Lasse

icon

Best answer by Corry P 29 November 2022, 11:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you 100% certain your system is up to date? If you have any portable Sonos speakers, make sure they are powered on and go to Settings > System > System Updates > Check for Updates.

Where are you? What location is your account set up on at www.Sonos.com?

Are you 100% certain your system is up to date? If you have any portable Sonos speakers, make sure they are powered on and go to Settings > System > System Updates > Check for Updates.

I have had all my speakers turned on at the same time making sure the system would catch updates - but it tells me that everything is up to date. 

Where are you? What location is your account set up on at www.Sonos.com?

I’m from Denmark

Is your location set properly in your account at www.Sonos.com?

Is your location set properly in your account at www.Sonos.com?

If you by location means Country - then it should be correct.

And I have just restated all my speakers making sure they are on and my Sonos app still tells me this:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The system can be up to date when not using Alexa (or GA), but maybe it needs to download some updates to use Alexa. I seem to remember my updated system updating for this  purpose when I installed GA in 2019.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Lasse_8 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.