Question

assistant stop working

• 15 November 2019
  • 13 replies

I installed at used the Assistant without any problems and working fine. 
After sine time it stop working. No respons or connection at all. The light in the microphone on the speaker is off.

tried to reinstall via the Sonos app and same isssue - works for a while and Them stops again.

any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Currently, there is a partial outage on Alexa and Google Assistant, please see: https://status.sonos.com/

In case this isn’t the issue, can you open the Sonos App on your mobile device and select Settings>Services>Voice Services>Google and ensure your device is shown as ‘Enabled’?

Im not sure what the outage means but the Unit works for a few hours or days and then there is no connection and does not react on Voice commands. In the Sonos app it still apears Connected. 
if i remove the Assistant in the sonos app and then re-install /re-connect the devise it then works for some time before the same issue starts over. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Did you check the services?

When the Voice control stops, can you still use the Sonos App?

The Sonos app works and the device Can PLAY Music and stream via Bluetooth only the voice command tjat does not work

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Did you check the services?

Im not sure how to check the services 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

In case this isn’t the issue, can you open the Sonos App on your mobile device and select Settings>Services>Voice Services>Google and ensure your device is shown as ‘Enabled’?

Yes - it is enabled but if I try to make any changes via the Link to Google assistant I recieve a failure message

Not working for me either. It stopped working and then the Assistant disappeared from the Sonos app and it can't be re-added. Google Assistant says There may be s problem, and then nada.

Not working for me either. It stopped working and then the Assistant disappeared from the Sonos app and it can't be re-added. Google Assistant says There may be s problem, and then nada.

Check the Google App and perhaps unlink the Sonos device/skill, then try the setup of the assistant again from the Sonos App under “Settings/Services/Voice” and choose the speaker(s) you wish to add the GA too.

Hope that fixes it for you.

Check the Google App and perhaps unlink the Sonos device/skill, then try the setup of the assistant again from the Sonos App under “Settings/Services/Voice” and choose the speaker(s) you wish to add the GA too.

Thanks - I have done that several times. It works for a while - and then the problem re-apears.

Thanks - I have done that several times. It works for a while - and then the problem re-apears.

Then the next time it happens I would perhaps obtain a Sonos System Diagnostic at the earliest opportunity and post the reference back here and then contact Sonos Customer Care via this 24/7 Link, to see why the sharing token is being dropped.

I’ve had this issue also and have tried both google and Alexa. Both stop working after a while sometimes just 30 minutes. Have sent numerous diagnostic reports and sometimes I get a response from Sonos but no resolution .  When do Sonos plan to sort this as it’s clearly a very common problem which leaves my smart home plan in disarray