Alarm not working on Google Assistant

Userlevel 1
Alarms don't seem to be set through Google Assistant.

Steps to reproduce:

1. "Hey Google, set an alarm for xxx"
  2. Google responds that alarm is set
  3. "Hey Google, what alarms do I have set?"
  4. Google responds that no alarms have been set

42 replies

“Hey google, set an alarm for 6:15 AM on weekdays”  Google confirms

“Hey google, what are my alarms?”

...”You have an alarm set for 2:15 PM snoozed until 6:15 AM”

6:15 AM alarm goes off.

“Hey google, what are my alarms?”

...”You have an alarm snoozed until 10:15 PM” (WTF?!!)

10:15 PM goes off (waking me up as I’m trying to go to sleep)

At this point, I cancel all alarms and start over. I have no idea if 6:15 on the next weekday would go off.

Google won’t support this issue; they tell me to contact SONOS support

After the runaround, SONOS claims they don’t support this issue either.

I have several google minis around the house and they set alarms normally.

I’ve gone back to setting my alarm with Alexa until I decide whether to purchase another google mini for the bedroom

Badge

Same here,
any alarm I set seems to be set for 5 am snoozed until xx (actual alarm). Then the alarm rings and snooze function is not available. I ask google assistant to snooze, it responds correctly, yet the alarm sound still goes off. If I use the command stop after I ask it to snooze it just deletes the alarm. Sonos get on in please as I don’t even trust these alarms anymore.

I’m noticing the same thing. Bizarre. I’m not sure if GA on Sonos is reliable enough to be my main alarm. Seems too buggy. 

Badge

I was awoken at 4am today by the GA alarm on my One. The alarm was supposed to go off at 9am. Sonos needs to fix this alarm problem now. This is ridiculous and if they don’t fix this I will not be buying anymore Sonos speakers and will instead buy Google Nest speakers. 

Just chiming in to say I have the same issue. I have an alarm set for 7:43am every weekday (when my son needs to leave for school). The Sonos one has the “alarm set for 7:43am, snoozed until 1:43am” and I can’t undo it. 

just want to say i’m also experiencing this very weird bug on my sonos one.

“hey google, set my alarm for 7 AM"

“got it. alarm set for 7 AM"

“hey google, what alarms do i have set?"

“you have one alarm set for 2 PM, snoozed until 7 AM."

this seems to be some kind of glitch on sonos’s side, because my other google home products can set alarms normally. unfortunately i haven't been able to find a fix; i’ve tried disconnecting & reconnecting the speaker to google home & google assistant, manually setting the time in google assistant’s settings, changing the name of my room in google home, even clearing my history on google assistant… the issue persists.

Has anyone figured out a fix for the snoozed alarm issue? I cannot reliably use my Sonos for voice alarms with Google Assistant. I had hoped the S2 update would fix it, but it has not.

If I set an alarm by voice for 8:30 AM, it acknowledges, but sets it for:

-either-

“You have set an alarm for 1:30 PM snoozed until 8:30 AM tomorrow.”

-or-

“You have set an alarm for 8:30 AM snoozed until 3:30 AM tomorrow.”

Clearly this is a time zone issue. Since I am in CDT, the offset from UTC is 5 hours.

If the alarm is set to the second option, then I don’t get my morning alarm, and am instead woken up at 3:30 AM the next night. If I set the alarm for 8:30 AM for weekdays, which alarm I get on a particular day is random.

I have an alarm set on my Beam somehow, probably set by Google Assistant/voice. It goes off everyday.

I’ve deleted all alarms in the Sonos app. If I ask Google if there are any alarms set, the answer is no.

Then the next day the alarm goes off again…

WTF?

So I had been using the Beam and SL Ones for about 6 months with no problem and now all of the sudden I am getting the whole issue where I ask Google to set an alarm for 5:15am and I am told ok. Then when I ask what alarms I have set Google tells me I have an alarm set for 10:15pm snoozed until 5:15 am. 

WTF?!?!?

The “snoozed until” the actual time I set issue has just started for me now. Everything is up-to-date.

I’m glad I found this, I thought I was going made. This is a very annoying bug and feels me with no confidence that my alarm is going to go off. 
Please Sonos fix this issue. 

Badge

Have had this issue for two years. Just got married and moved, so Factory Reset all my Sonos Ones, yet Google Assistant’s alarm functionality when asked to repeat the time is completely wrong. Come on Sonos - you can do better.

All the original Google Home/mini devices work fine, so definitely in your court.

Sonos!!!! Fix this damn issue, its soo annoying 

I have been going mad with this problem thinking I was the only one. Glad to have found this error is not just me! Sonos fix it!

Prioritize this fix.

I’ve had this problem for four years and still no fix. 

Sonos, please fix this now! It's fake marketing that you can use Google Assistant on your speakers, solve the problem!

I just started noticing this recently on my Beam after upgrading to “S2”, whatever that means… I’ve only ever used my google assistant feature for alarms, not the sonos alarms. It might have been present before the upgrade, but definitely noticed it recently.

In my case, the alarm goes off at the correct time, it just reports the incorrect time when I query it or cancel it.

My guess is they had a bug around time zone management, and someone on Sonos’ software team had a bright (by bright, I mean not so bright) hack to use UTC and then secretly snooze the alarm to create the proper time zone offset. Sonos - this has been an issue for 4 years based on this thread - fix it already!