Answered

Adding Google voice assistant

Nearly two weeks ago from evening to next morning my Google assistant stopped working and impossible to add it again. I’ve rebooted sonos, unplugged and plugged back my router, it’s linked to the speaker via google assist but I keep getting message “no devices founds - make sure that your wifi is on and that your ihone and assistant devices are on the same network then try again”. Wifi is on, devices are on same network - i hadnt touched or changed anything in the time it stopped working.  Am not sure what else can do so please advise.  I tried calling customer support to find i was number 70 in the queue.  You don't monitor your email support anymore so no way of getting in touch with a human being which is incredibly frustrating.

icon

Best answer by bradm00r3 13 July 2024, 14:32

View original

12 replies

Same issue here now since last nights update. Good Lord Sonos, fix it.

I am having the same issue 😔 tried everything with no luck 

Sonos has the worst customer support i’ve ever come across. I’ve sent email to the CEO office but no acknowledgement. Most websites with forums would have technicians from the company offering a solution but I see that Sonos don’t bother.  This is clearly an issue since their app update so they need to fix it asap. 

sonos support page showing google voice assistant incorrectly does not show outage

screenshot of status.sonos.com page shows that google voice assistant is shown as operational.

it should have a red x instead of a green check

So I am recently have the same issue. There is no solution to this problem? As a test I have added Alexa to Sonos One and it worked without any problems ...

Yep same problem about 2 weeks ago mind stopped working, have been round the bend trying to get this to reconnect, is this a reported issue then, where is the above screen shot from. Is there actually a fault cos I will stop trying to dick with my network setting to force it to work then.

It‘s hopeless. I have tried everything with ios, ipados and android. Switched WLAN to 2.4Ghz only with the same result. The Google Assistant app just cannot find the Sonos One. To be honest, it‘s a stupid way to connect Google to a Sonos system. I have added Alexa and that worked out without any problem. But Alexa does not have all integration

Received a reply from customer support but no solution to the problem or even addressing it! This is the reply I got: Get it solved Sonos.

“Your feedback is incredibly important to us, and we want to express our gratitude for your honesty and dedication to helping us improve. Due to the large volume of inquiries weve received, we are unable to respond to everyone directly at this time, but we wanted to share an update on our current progress on restoring the most commonly requested features to the Sonos App: 

Now Available: (*Please note that you may need to check for updates in the App Store in order to update during the first few days of the release*)
-Screen reader for visually impaired customers
-Adding and editing alarms
-Local music library folder navigation and playback
-Adding to queue and playing next

From June 4th (End of day)
-Sleep timer
-Mute button for iPhone/iPad
-Line out settings for Port
-Distance settings for surrounds
-Update Wi-Fi settings

Coming very soon:
-Local music library search: Mid-June 

For more information, please visit our Upcoming Features page here:
https://support.sonos.com/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates

If you are experiencing an issue with your Sonos System which this information does not address, please consider visiting these helpful resources, or contacting our support team:

-Sonos Community: https://en.community.sonos.com
-Sonos App User Guide: https://www.sonos.com/guides/sonosapp
-Sonos Support Home: https://support.sonos.com
-Sonos Support Contact: https://support.sonos.com/contact
-Before contacting support, please submit a diagnostic, as shown in this article: https://support.sonos.com/article/submit-diagnostics

Please note that we are currently experiencing a high volume of contact, leading to increased wait times for phone support. We expect this to return to normal shortly, and look forward to assisting you.

Thank you once again for your feedback.”

Userlevel 1

Same issue as everyone else. Just stopped working all of a sudden about a month ago. Gone through every possible scenario to make this work again.

Question to you all: when I unlink / re-link Sonos in Google assistant … it finds no Sonos devices line everyone else. But if I go into Google home. There they all are unassigned to a home and room. So connecting Sonos to Google is working, but the workflow to tell Sonos app that seems broken.. and nothing works. 

im about to remove the other 3 Google homes in my config (I have my home, parents home, holiday house and workshop configure in Google home on my iOS device) my assumption is something is getting confused with multiple homes? Anyone else having this issue have multiple homes in Google home? Or am I dreaming thinking this might fix my issue? 

I used to recommend Sonos to everyone. Have at least 7-8 friends who have gone Sonos on my advice. Not after this. Disgraceful. Absolute joke of a company at the moment. It was the apple of audio devices when I bought into this. You pay a ridiculous premium. You expect better. 

Hi all - Since my first post a month ago I got in contact with the CEO! Fortunately my email was passed on to someone from the Customer service who took ownership of the Google Assistant problem. After several weeks of too’ing and fro’ing they have finally confirmed that the update was the problem - told them that in the first place but of course not believed.  This is what was said “The possibility to add Google Assistant back will be added with future updates as I have shared this internally”. 

Maybe at last this will be fixed. Fingers crossed :-)

Userlevel 1

🙏🏻 thanks for the update. Damn shouldn’t have deleted my other google homes so fast to do my next test 😂 oh well. Guess this next attempt won’t work. Thank you so much for the update! And the work put in to getting someone to listen. 

Sorry didn’t post sooner! Let’s hope it does work when get next update 🤞