Your feedback on the new Sonos App

Show first post

2425 replies

Or some devices are disconnected suddenly. When I touch to connect the tick is shown, but after close the window nothing happened. Then, open the window qgain to connect and is shown disconnected again and again……

Are you pressing ‘Apply’ before closing the window?

Hundred time !

Does Sonos have a list of known issues? Not sure how you are supposed to know they are even aware of issue nevermind working on it.

My issues:

Cannot search my own music which has been uploaded to you tube music. Cannot even scroll to it as the infinite scroll is broken ( just reloads from beginning again).

Move2 only seems to be recognised where WiFi is at full strength in house. Every other device works when I lose a single bar (three quarters strength) but no longer my Move2. I installed a Sonos hook in my Kitchen which has worked perfectly for the last six months. Since last firmware update no longer recognises speaker at the same location.

Functionality of Sonos apps on my iPhone have become increasingly worse over the years and the latest app version is a complete disaster, with total loss of control over speakers, volume, queue appearing as ‘empty’ when it’s playing music, etc. Also prompts me to turn on bluetooth which doesn’t solve the problems and certainly wasn’t required in the past to use the app.

@Sonos please fix the bugs, you’re at risk of losing a long-time, previously satisfied customer. Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

They likely have a long list from before they even released the new app as they knew it was not ready.  But they chose to release it so they could start selling their $450 head phone so we could have a ‘’my head’ zone to replace the zones we used to have.  We are now an unvoluntered unpaid part of their qa team which is poorly managed.  Welcome to the team!

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Has any one heard of KISS in development and UI design?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

So . . . if some unsuspecting rube buys a new pair of Sonos speakers, say the Unobtainium 3000, will there be an updated set of directions in the box on how to connect to their local music library?

Just curious.

So . . . if some unsuspecting rube buys a new pair of Sonos speakers, say the Unobtainium 3000, will there be an updated set of directions in the box on how to connect to their local music library?

Just curious.

They don’t have printed instructions for this it’s all online. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

If you are using Apple devices you might want to check your sonos app location settings. Uninstalling and re-installing to see if I could fix another issue saw the app start to prompt me about location settings for better app use. It seems to load a bit better now though I’m not sure that’s due to the location settings or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I am on iOS and have my location settings set to “When using the app”, so that it can use the location setting for whatever it needs to, to continue functioning correctly and seamlessly, which it does currently.

It’s a good point @Silverthorn - I wonder whether a mass of people’s issues might be because they have said Don’t Allow under the Sonos location settings..?

At this stage, anything is worth a suggestion...

iOS app for me continues to be barely functional. Requires repeated tries over many minutes to start or stop music, add or remove speakers from a group, or adjust volume.  

Would not recommend Sonos to anyone anymore, after over 15 years of being a fan. Sonos should tell us what they are doing to fix this mess. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

iOS app for me continues to be barely functional. Requires repeated tries over many minutes to start or stop music, add or remove speakers from a group, or adjust volume.  

Would not recommend Sonos to anyone anymore, after over 15 years of being a fan. Sonos should tell us what they are doing to fix this mess. 

Well this week’s app update is now available, so update your app and see if anything is improved. It says it has improved app connectivity for newly set up Sonos systems… I wonder if it will help older established ones for those who are having issues.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you for soliciting feedback. I have found the new update to be a disaster, which I see now is the experience many others have had. Specific issues include:

>on my MacbookPro (laptop), the entire local music library was missing. After extensive time on hold and with chat and a live rep, it now shows, but I subsequently discovered, after the indexing completed, that the imported playlists are still missing (Case # 06440616).

>on my ipad:

>>the entire music library is missing (I was advised on a live chat that this is a known problem, but the ETA for fixing it is not known)

>>the app takes a very long time to load; because of the slow loading time, I almost always have to move to the room where my laptop is to choose music, set volume, etc.

>>the volume control is extremely glitchy; when I set it, it does not stay, but slides to another level; only sometimes, and only on several tries, will it register what I put in.

>>only a small selection of my Spotify playlists show on the ipad.

Like others, I have spent hours on hold and with chat and live tech support (when I could get through), to address the problems I am having. I have since learned that the problems I am experiencing are ubiquitous. I believe these issues should by now be well-known to Sonos, and more than the boilerplate statement that appears here is sorely needed.

In that regard, I would appreciate getting honest answers to the following questions, so I know what to expect.

1. Does SONOS agree that there are serious flaws in the last release? Will you please advise exactly what the known flaws are?
  2. Does SONOS have an ‘all hands on deck’ team  in place to address these flaws?
  3. When are the ‘fixes’ going to be ready?
  4. In the interim, can SONOS provide a link to allow us to rollback to previous rev which seemed to work just fine?
Thank you for your attention. I am a longtime Sonos user and, until this app came along, was looking forward to upgrading my system. Now, however, I despair of it becoming sufficiently functional for me to consider such an investment.

I look forward to hearing from Sonos regarding the questions noted above, and to a resolution to these many problems. I miss my Sonos!

Susan Scheid

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thank you for soliciting feedback. I have found the new update to be a disaster, which I see now is the experience many others have had. Specific issues include:

>on my MacbookPro (laptop), the entire local music library was missing. After extensive time on hold and with chat and a live rep, it now shows, but I subsequently discovered, after the indexing completed, that the imported playlists are still missing (Case # 06440616).

>on my ipad:

>>the entire music library is missing (I was advised on a live chat that this is a known problem, but the ETA for fixing it is not known)

>>the app takes a very long time to load; because of the slow loading time, I almost always have to move to the room where my laptop is to choose music, set volume, etc.

>>the volume control is extremely glitchy; when I set it, it does not stay, but slides to another level; only sometimes, and only on several tries, will it register what I put in.

>>only a small selection of my Spotify playlists show on the ipad.

Like others, I have spent hours on hold and with chat and live tech support (when I could get through), to address the problems I am having. I have since learned that the problems I am experiencing are ubiquitous. I believe these issues should by now be well-known to Sonos, and more than the boilerplate statement that appears here is sorely needed.

In that regard,I would appreciate getting honest answers to the following question, so I know what to expect.

1. Does SONOS agree that there are serious flaws in the last release? Will you please advise exactly what the known flaws are?
  2. Does SONOS have an ‘all hands on deck’ team  in place to address these flaws?
  3. When are the ‘fixes’ going to be ready?
  4. In the interim, can SONOS provide a link to allow us to rollback to previous rev which seemed to work just fine?
Thank you for your attention. I am a longtime Sonos user and, until this app came along, was looking forward to upgrading my system. Now, however, I despair of it becoming sufficiently functional for me to consider such an investment.

I look forward to hearing from Sonos regarding the questions noted above, and to a resolution to these many problems. I miss my Sonos!

Susan Scheid

You won’t get an individual reply to any of that.

There are multiple long and recent threads about getting music libraries to work with the new app, if you search.

All the glitches or missing aspects vs the old app are being fixed over the coming weeks.

No, you can’t roll back unless you are on Android (you can install an apk of the old 16.1 version)

There is an app update as of 30 mins ago. Give it a try, and also run a system update. See if it helps any of your issues.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, Rhonny: Thank you for responding. I don’t actually expect an individual reply, but record this to Sonos as feedback, as we are invited to do here.

I do, though, think Sonos needs to offer us all more information, in a concise, easy to find format, than is given in its boilerplate, and I hope Sonos will take heed of that. For one, a fuller list of glitches, missing aspects and ETA for solution would be helpful. I think, since many of these problems are ubiqutious, it should not be left to each of us to swim around in the community to find things (which I have done); but rather Sonos should have official, easy to find support information on these issues and should also notify its customer base by eblast or other means, just as it does on new products.

Hi, Rhonny: Thank you for responding. I don’t actually expect an individual reply, but record this to Sonos as feedback, as we are invited to do here.

I do, though, think Sonos needs to offer us all more information, in a concise, easy to find format, than is given in its boilerplate, and I hope Sonos will take heed of that. For one, a fuller list of glitches, missing aspects and ETA for solution would be helpful. I think, since many of these problems are ubiqutious, it should not be left to each of us to swim around in the community to find things (which I have done); but rather Sonos should have official, easy to find support information on these issues and should also notify its customer base by eblast or other means, just as it does on new products.

They have attempted to do just that here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates

Now some may claim it is not comprehensive, but they have listed the fixes that were done, the ones coming soon, and an estimated ETA for each.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

App  iOS update today to 80.03.07 but no new hardware updates for speakers or Ace. 

Odd behavior with App Store continues. Updated directly in the S2 app but update available still showed in the store and installed version number did not update until utilizing the app store.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

App  iOS update today to 80.03.07 but no new hardware updates for speakers or Ace. 

Odd behavior with App Store continues. Updated directly in the S2 app but update available still showed in the store and installed version number did not update until utilizing the app store.

I had the full firmware update after updating the iOS app earlier.

🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

🤣

You’re not wrong.

Cue the “still hasn’t updated library search”, “can’t edit Playlists”, “can’t clear the queue”, “still won’t find my speakers” posts… 

Come on, Sonos, you can do it!

🤣

You’re not wrong.

Cue the “still hasn’t updated library search”, “can’t edit Playlists”, “can’t clear the queue”, “still won’t find my speakers” posts… 

Ok do people actually clear the queue when done playing music🤣? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

🤣

You’re not wrong.

Depends how embarrassing the songs are.

🤣

You’re not wrong.

Depends how embarrassing the songs are.

That sir was the perfect response. I’m 💀

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Local music playback was supposed to be completed mid-June. It’s now the end of June and it’s not fixed. Whattya doin’ guys??

Still can’t add my brand-new Move 2 to my system :( - And support if you are reading this, it can’t be moved any closer to my router…. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Still can’t add my brand-new Move 2 to my system :( - And support if you are reading this, it can’t be moved any closer to my router…. 

Have you tried adding it using the Windows or Mac desktop apps?