The replacement process is frustrating.

About a week ago, I sent two speakers for replacement. Only one had a problem with the Wi-Fi, but since I was using them as a stereo pair, the representative told me to send both. They received the first one (the one with the Wi-Fi card issue or something like that) on Wednesday, 4/25, and sent the replacement the same day. I got the notification that they received the second speaker on the same day, 4/25, a few hours later. It's been a week, and they haven't even sent me the shipping number for its replacement. According to their email, I was supposed to receive the replacement 1 to 5 days after they received my speaker. I've contacted them multiple times, and all they tell me is that they've escalated it to the returns area, but that doesn't help me. The first time they escalated it was days ago, and I still haven't received any follow-up email.

It's quite frustrating because I've read stories from other people here, and it seems that when this happens with SONOS, it can take months to resolve. It's even more frustrating because I didn't plan on sending this particular speaker in; everything was working fine, I did it because they requested it.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The forumos aren’t a good place to get that sort of thing sorted, Sonos Staff may see your post and try to get you something but you are usually best off directly calling support.

Thank you, @Stanley_4 , for your recommendation. However, it seems that this was more effective than directly chatting with support. Literally a short time after this post, I received a follow-up email from the 'Customer Experience' staff explaining that they had seen my case and would be working on it. In fact, I already have the tracking number for the replacement and a delivery date.

I can't say that it was exactly this post that caused it, but it seems too much of a coincidence. Anyway, I lost nothing by explaining my situation, and it never hurts to make these stories visible. The worst that can happen for the consumer is that someone from the company sees it and does nothing about it. However, the other possible scenario is that they do act, and to prevent these types of situations from becoming a public norm, they resolve the matter as quickly as possible.

I have read about people here who have been waiting months for responses by calling support and contacting the chat. However, I see that when they come here, their issues are resolved in days, so it seems that calling support is not always the best solution, although I admit it should be one of the first steps.