Answered

suggestions on speaker placement in shop

• 6 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Looking to get the community’s advice/expertise on best placement and type of devices to use in our doughnut shop (front of house).  Ceilings are about 14’.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 9 October 2023, 10:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Eval11 

For a commercial property, I’d recommend the use of Sonos Amp and In-ceiling Architectural speakers. With that combination, you can connect up to 6 speakers to each Amp. I recommend putting the Amp(s) into Dual Mono mode, so each speaker plays both channels of audio.

As for placement, I think that best left for the installers to figure out, working around AC and whatever else is installed in the ceiling, but I think 6 speakers in the main section would be sufficient. I’d recommend one speaker on each side of each doorway to start with, and another two in the middle.

I would also install a speaker in each toilet - these could be on a separate Amp if you want a different (lower) volume in there.

If you want the kitchen staff to have music too, that would require another Amp (assuming 6 speakers in the main section).

However, this is most definitely not the cheapest solution - just the tidiest. Self-contained speakers may be a preferred fit, in which case you could just install several Era 100s on wall-mounting brackets.

You may also want to look into our Sonos Pro programme, tailored specifically for small/medium businesses.

I hope this helps.