Sonos Sucks

• 12 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Sonos support has gone way down hill, I’m about to throw away $3500 worth of speakers in the trash:

Sirrius XM no longer plays, constantly drops

Speakers randomly drop for no reason and I have to add back in as new devices

Sonos Playlist just disappear and I have to recreate or add back

Get your * together Sonos, enough is enough. Just close up shop already.

Support says my system is old and I just need to replace everything, I think I will replace everything but without Sonos. Either Home Pod or Denon. Denon looking really promising.  Audio quality on Apple not great.

I will be making an X video of me smashing $3500 worth of Sonos speakers.

Stay tuned, oh wait if you are Sonos you can’t stay tuned-in as connections just drop out.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

3 replies

If you’re unable to figure out your network issues, which the Sonos connects to, let me know. I’ll pay for shipping of your devices. There are lots of folks who are willing to buy them on eBay, and expend the effort to clean up their networks. 

Another post claiming to throw out and/or smash on video thousand of dollars worth of merchandise?  Somebody needs some new shtick, using the same one multiple times gives you away.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

There is a quite persistent bug introduced this summer that seems to strike older devices like Playbars and Connects on S2, see 

I can understand how something like this would tire you of the the system.

That being said, just to rule out your system suffering from this bug, take a look at your network.