Answered

Sonos App 15.2 Control Issues

• 3 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Using the Sonos App 15.2 version is not the experience I expected from Sonos. Some of the controls like the Surround Audio sliders are jumpy and can’t be hardly controlled. Sometimes when I control the Music Level slider the TV level slider jumps as well. This happens on other screens like the EQ with the 2 sliders as well.

I experience this on my iPad and iPhone (both on iOS 15.4)

icon

Best answer by Corry P 24 August 2023, 11:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @greenyneu 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

We are aware of an issue on iOS whereby some settings sliders are non-functional or behaving strangely, and are working on a fix. We have no ETA for a resolution as of yet.

In the meantime, and if you happen to have an Android controller, please use it to adjust settings instead.

I hope this helps.

Badge +2

Using the Sonos App 15.2 version is not the experience I expected from Sonos. Some of the controls like the Surround Audio sliders are jumpy and can’t be hardly controlled. Sometimes when I control the Music Level slider the TV level slider jumps as well. This happens on other screens like the EQ with the 2 sliders as well.

I experience this on my iPad and iPhone (both on iOS 15.4)

Yes, same issue here with the sliders (iOS 16.4.1). Surround volume slider has no effect whatsoever on the volume output. Very sticky ‘sliders’ too. Turning 3D spatial audio on/off using the radio button also makes no difference. The ‘Error 300’s’ are (for now) equipped as the (underwhelming and overpriced) surrounds. Tried everything imaginable to troubleshoot this. No luck with staggered power cycling of the grouping, unbonding and rebonding speakers, network restarts, trying different audio formats, or any of the other usual stuff. This is to say nothing of the intermittent popping sounds that have yet to be addressed either (if ever they will be). I will never buy Sonos again. My partner and I were with the corporation from the start, but it is on to a hifi system from here.

@Corry P Any word on when the iOS app will be functioning properly? I see you posted your message weeks ago. (Nice to see someone finally acknowledge the issue formally, by the way. Thank you for that, Cory.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ProfessorPeach 

We are working on these issues as a matter of urgency, but I have no estimations for when they will be resolved.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello Sonos,
15.3 was rolled out a while ago which did not change anything on the  controllers and the jumpiness of the sliders, especially when there are 2 sliders on the screen. It is getting a little annoying that I move one slider and another slider moves as well even though I don’t touch it at all. Again iPhone 12, latest iOS 16.5 , Sonos Version 15.3. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @greenyneu et al

We believe this issue to now be resolved with the most recent update (15.7). Please ensure your Sonos system is up to date.

If you still experience this issue, however, I’d encourage you get in touch with our technical support team to report as much. Thank you.