Answered

My profile's home address keeps changing to Ashburn, United States

• 13 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi guys,

I wasn’t sure how to categorize this but no matter what i type in the Edit Address in the Profile section, after it’s “saved successfully”, it keeps reverting to Ashburn, United States with a postal code 20149 and leaving rest of the fields blank.

I wiped out all cookies, browsing history, etc. but nothing helps. Same happens when trying to edit my address via phone’s browser. I use “Brave” browser on both.

Does anybody have any advice on this? :/

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 14 May 2023, 01:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Heh. 

There used to be an outstanding microbrewery in Ashburn, which is a suburb of DC at this point, out by Dulles airport. They’ve been purchased and moved, but I still crave some of their ‘honey from Loudon County bees’ root beer. 

You may want to call in to Sonos, if this is a big issue for you. There appear to be several of us who are unable to change our addresses on the Sonos website currently. I’m one of them, but it’s not an urgent issue for me. I suspect that if it’s urgent for you, you should call Sonos Support directly to discuss it. My guess is that they can make the change in the db without going through the same process/portal that you and I do. 

Heh. 

There used to be an outstanding microbrewery in Ashburn, which is a suburb of DC at this point, out by Dulles airport. They’ve been purchased and moved, but I still crave some of their ‘honey from Loudon County bees’ root beer. 

You may want to call in to Sonos, if this is a big issue for you. There appear to be several of us who are unable to change our addresses on the Sonos website currently. I’m one of them, but it’s not an urgent issue for me. I suspect that if it’s urgent for you, you should call Sonos Support directly to discuss it. My guess is that they can make the change in the db without going through the same process/portal that you and I do. 

Hey Bruce, thank you for the insights :)

Yeah there might be some database issue but honestly i don’t feel like making a very costly phone call from my location :D I made an order of my refurbished Playbar without any issues but later, only by coincidence, i noticed my address details were off and couldn’t be changed. Not an issue for me now but i was wondering if this can affect my potential future orders from here. I’ll see what can i do with it. Many thanks for your interest and reply.

If it’s an immediate concern, a PM to one of the forum moderators would likely help, but I wouldn’t post that data here publicly.  For me, I’m still 6 weeks or so away from moving, and don’t have any pressing orders to make. So I’m willing to be a test case for when they figure it out and deploy a fix.

You’ve really missed out on the Dominion Ale’s Root Beer, from Ashburn, though. It was the best…and also sold in Williamsburg VA at the concessions in the ‘town’.  I suspect, based on what I see at that link, that they’ve dropped the key line of ‘made with the honey of Loudon County Bees’…

The consequence of this is that I have a UK address and unless I can update it, I can't get access to UK domestic services like BBC Sounds whilst Sonos think I’m in the US

I have just spent 35 minutes on the phone to Sonos support plus 20 mins chatting prior to that. In the end we created a whole new Sonos account for me. The original account was .org and I swapped to gmail. When I updated the address on the gmail account it worked fine but I still couldn't change the address on the .org email. I have had to switch my system over to the new address  

I’m holding out to be a ‘test case’ for them when they get this fixed, as it’s not an ‘urgent’ issue for me. Glad you were able to get it resolved.