Best answer by Hornet305 9 May 2024, 15:33

View original

51 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Agree; Sleep Timer - Gone

Calm Radio - returns error message “Something Went Wrong”

Album Art no longer shows when playing from Music Server

The 3 buttons on the Currently Playing screen no longer brings up a menu - instead an error message “Unable to Load, Some information is missing from the content”

Userlevel 1

Agree with the above - this is starting to turn bad for Sonos.  

The update has gone through ok on my ipad and all is well (if not as good as before)  However, on my iphone, it keeps asking me to turn on local network settings even though they are already on.  Does anyone have any ideas on this?  Sonos chat has no idea and it is estimated at 85 minutes wait on the phone line?!  

Many thanks!

Userlevel 2

Functionality is more important than connecting to steaming services and fancy graphics. This update bricked my system. It doesn’t even recognize my system.

Userlevel 3

Couldn't agree more with everyone.  Sonos need to roll back this app until it actually works.   Most of the time it doesn't recognise my system, and when it does, I can't access my own music on my nas.  Add to that the complete lack of previous functionality, this is a monumental clusterfu*k of an app and Sonos should be ashamed of themselves.

Userlevel 2

Yes, horrible update😡 absolutely nothing is logical - so we need new update!!!

Userlevel 3
Badge

It’s awful. I keep losing all my devices. Last night I got a live chat and eventually by deinstalling and reinstalling it worked so I thought all fixed. But today doing exactly the same thing. Useless 

Userlevel 2

I think some type of class action lawsuit should be instigated, you invest thousands of dollars in the hardware and their software, which is the only way to control the system, is useless and buggy. I have been trying all morning to get back up and running and keep getting message "no products found". Right after downloading the ugrade it worked for one day. The previous version was working sporadically at best

Userlevel 1

After updating the app yesterday it doesn’t recognize my speakers. Wait time on phone 45 min and no live chat support. Tried rebooting the router but no help. What a mess!

Userlevel 3
Badge

I just deinstalled the app and reinstalled twice. The second time all my devices are back. But it did that yesterday and I lost them today. 

Userlevel 2

I can’t even get my app to connect to my system. What an awful rollout!!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Sonos…. what have you done…  You took everything I like about the app and removed it.

I have a large library, 1000’s of songs.  I play them in different ways, sometimes by genre, sometimes by artist, sometimes by song.  I go to my music library (which no longer shows album art) and I would select a genre (or a group or a song) with a long hold and then select “Play Now”, or “Add to end of Queue”.  Now that no longer is an option.  Why?  If I select a group with a long hold my only option is “Save to Sonos Favorites”.  WTF.

I can longer easily see my queue, and I can no longer clear my queue.  Why?  I can no longer select music to play by selecting “All” under the artist or genre.  All I get is “Pin collection to home”.  What does that even mean?  If I am forced to add all this to my home screen it will be unusable.

This is really terrible.  So far I have not updated the app on my tablet, so I can still use the old version.  My phone is now unusable due to the update.  I am sure at some point my tablet will update as well.  

Not sure what to do.  I have three different Sonos systems and my daughter liked mine so much she got her own,  

Please roll this back.

etdown

Userlevel 3

Please pull back app

it is useless 

no sleeptimer

alarm does not work

overview lost

even slower than the last app

is is an outrage it has been released as is  

when new versions at least same level of functions as old one  

shame on you Sonos

Userlevel 3
Badge

At least you have functionality. I’ve lost all device connections. Useless 

Userlevel 3

Waooo that is not good. 
yes that is a miss 

is I didn’t have so much money in the product. 
they would be out of here. 😩

Userlevel 4
Badge

Functionality is more important than connecting to steaming services and fancy graphics. This update bricked my system. It doesn’t even recognize my system.

Me too 🤬🤬🤬

Userlevel 1

Every time I try to use the app, I see the “Sonos” splash score for what seems to be an eternity … and then it just goes away. It does seem to be running in the background, and I can scroll to it on my iPhone. I’ve yet to upgrade on my iPad, and won’t until the app is more stable has gets back functionality it used to have. 

the loss of the sleep timer, as others have noted, is an epic fail!

All of my Tune In radio stations broke. Don’t remember having been required to have a tune in account, but I’ve been using it to stream radio stations since I first got my Sonos soundbar about 7 years ago. 

no idea how the stations are sorted in my “favorites” list. I used to tweak the names to add numbers at the front of a station name (eg, “10 WABE” so that station was first on my list. Can’t do that anymore. The one Amazon station I had saved translated fine, but still has “33” in its name

changing from one station to another now involves three steps rather than ones 

1.  the station icon (this used to be the only step needed!)

1.  press play
  2. press”done” to get back to the Home Screen

aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!

Userlevel 1

Every time I try to use the app, I see the “Sonos” splash score for what seems to be an eternity … and then it just goes away. It does seem to be running in the background, and I can scroll to it on my iPhone. I’ve yet to upgrade on my iPad, and won’t until the app is more stable has gets back functionality it used to have. 

the loss of the sleep timer, as others have noted, is an epic fail!

All of my Tune In radio stations broke. Don’t remember having been required to have a tune in account, but I’ve been using it to stream radio stations since I first got my Sonos soundbar about 7 years ago. 

no idea how the stations are sorted in my “favorites” list. I used to tweak the names to add numbers at the front of a station name (eg, “10 WABE” so that station was first on my list. Can’t do that anymore. The one Amazon station I had saved translated fine, but still has “33” in its name

changing from one station to another now involves three steps rather than ones 

1.  the station icon (this used to be the only step needed!)

1.  press play
  2. press”done” to get back to the Home Screen

aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!

Oh. It also turned on the automatic updates for the hardware firmware. I turned this off long ago, partly because I want to know when an update is happening but mainly because several years ago every update results in 20-80% of my 5 Sonos speakers failing to update properly.  So I want to update when I have time to run around and reboot the ones that failed. 

Userlevel 4

Since the update this week my Sonos says it's connected to SPDIF... There is NO SPDIF in my entire home!!!! WTF Sonos people??? Why would you push out an update with no bets, no support papers, no recourse. Please roll this back.... Ooooooooooo but we now have a black Sonos icon!!! Which looks like **** on a phone set to dark mode. I really hate to say it but someone needs to be fired over this **** storm!!!

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Userlevel 2

Horrendous update.  While S2 left a lot to be desired, the omissions in this one suggest that no one who used the system had any input.  Unable to search my painstakingly crafted music library over many years?  No timers or alarms?  Unable to use XM Radio?  Worse Multiroom connectivity than before?  No volume level numbers anymore?  More difficult to navigate menu?  What in this update is worthwhile?  Would go right back to S2 if that becomes an option.   

Userlevel 2

Sonos-

it's obvious you really screwed up this app roll out. Please admit you are wrong and give people the ability to downgrade back to the old app until you get this working. It is shameful that you did not even test this properly before releasing.! 

Userlevel 1

I've never actually posted in a community section like this, but this experience is so bad I felt compelled. I've raved to friends and family about how great Sonos is specifically for the ease of use for me and all of my family with the app. It's such an easy selling point and everyone I've converted agrees. I now feel like I need to call them to apologize. The app appears to have lost it's functionality. I've had 3 instances today that I wanted to play music and all three attempts led me to choose silence on my home. I hope it reverts back or they do a significant overhaul in a hurry that at least somewhat provides the ease and functionality of the prior version. Sonos I hope you address this quickly. Even if it's simply enabling us to undo the update. If that's possible, someone please chime in.

Userlevel 1

Yeah, this one was a stunner. Made the foolishly decision to update phone apps a half hour before bed. Hit the sack and went to put on my night mix with the sleep timer and... Ruh roh! Not only has everything been moved around but there are at least five features flat out missing. Spent 15 minutes grumbling (with Wife getting annoyed at me "put that damn phone down...") before giving up and falling asleep in silence. 

Found the prior 16.1 version on an apk mirror site and easily rolled back. Last Sonos update I'm going to attempt for a long time now. Perfectly happy with 16.1 and not looking to upgrade...really ever at this point. 

Userlevel 3

Agree with all of this. Once again Sonos working in arrogant isolation and having no understanding of its customer base.

Userlevel 2

Horrible. Unusable. I've wasted so much time trying (unsuccessfully) to find alarms, volume numbers, my playlists. What were you thinking? At least offer users the ability to revert to the previous setup.

Userlevel 1

SONOS, wow! You have just downgraded your products way more than any competitors could. They must be laughing at you today? So much good functionality now gone. Why? Your marketing people can slice and dice it all you like but the product is less attractive now to users than it was 48hrs ago. Bring back saving tracks to my Spotify playlist would be a good place to start? Then roll up your sleeves, listen to these customers and get fixing. Maybe, just maybe you can redeem yourselves?