Answered

group of three rooms never works

• 13 July 2023
  • 5 replies

I have sonos port and two pices of sonos One. I can make them play in group of two and it does´t mater what combination I use either port+one or one+one or one+port and it all works. When ever I try to add third device into group of two then the third device plays sound for 1 second and then stays silent while other two sonos devices keep playing. Any idea whats wrong with my setup?

thank you 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 13 July 2023, 15:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Sounds like a bandwidth or interference issue. However more information is really needed here. See below…

• Are you using the Sonos App to setup the playing audio?
  • What/where is the audio source?
  • Have you tried a different audio source?
  • What Sonos devices are they? Are any products wired to the network router (direct or indirect?)
  • What is the download/upload speed of the internet connection?
  • What WiFi (and SonosNet) channels are in use?
  • What is the current channel-width that you have set on your routers 2.4Ghz WiFi band?
Userlevel 7
Badge +18

That seems rather odd. Have you tried “group everywhere” as well as selecting rooms by name?

If there aren’t any better suggestions I’d try generating a diagnostics report and see if Sonos support can offer any reason for that behaviour. 

That seems rather odd. Have you tried “group everywhere” as well as selecting rooms by name?

If there aren’t any better suggestions I’d try generating a diagnostics report and see if Sonos support can offer any reason for that behaviour. 

I tried group everywhere but it always play only in two devices. I talked to support for more than an hour but they only suggest to make sure all devices are connected to band and channel which is something I cannot affect with cisco wifi AP

Sounds like a bandwidth or interference issue. However more information is really needed here. See below…

• Are you using the Sonos App to setup the playing audio?
  • What/where is the audio source?
  • Have you tried a different audio source?
  • What Sonos devices are they? Are any products wired to the network router (direct or indirect?)
  • What is the download/upload speed of the internet connection?
  • What WiFi (and SonosNet) channels are in use?
  • What is the current channel-width that you have set on your routers 2.4Ghz WiFi band?

• yes I use Sonos S2 app to play audio
  • I always use Spotify but tested Sonos Radio with same result
  • I had Sonos port wired to lan through switch but it was same (wifi wasn´t deactivated) 
  • internet connection is 100/100mbit
  • chanels see picture

@lewap_cz 

The SNR levels shown in your screenshot are rather low - they ideally need to be 45dB, or higher.

One device is on the 2.4Ghz band and two are on the 5Ghz band - can you separate those two WiFi  bands by renaming the 5Ghz band …and first try all your devices on the 2.4Ghz band with a channel-width of 20Mhz only.

The 2.4Ghz band is currently using channel 6 - see if the SNR levels improve, if you make the above changes, and also try that band on either channel 1 or 11.